Windows 10: Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1

Discus and support Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The notebook is Packard Bell Easy Note LS11HR. The problem appears to be some kind of bug in the way windows 8/10 controls battery charging. Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael_Lewis, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1

The notebook is Packard Bell Easy Note LS11HR. The problem appears to be some kind of bug in the way windows 8/10 controls battery charging. Laptop works fine under Windows 7 and Linux and while it is in BIOS. However, after a few minutes after logging in Windows 10 and immediately (even during installation) in Windows 8.1 laptop stops charging and acts like the cable has been unplugged - if the battery is not present it would shut down. The battery itself holds 4+ hours.
    The things I have done:

• Tested with new battery
    • Tested with new cable and adapter
    • Another wall socket
    • Tested netbook charging circuitry and jack
    • Contacting Packard Bell - they claim it is a software issue.
    • Messing with all kinds of battery and chipset drivers both in Windows 10 and 8.1 - have disabled and enabled, updated and downgraded, used the generic windows ones and the ones provided by the manufacturer.

The only fix is to shut off the computer remove the battery and charger and leave it for few minutes. Then the notebook works properly until it is restarted or jack is unplugged. I have researched the issue in great depth and it does not appear to be a random bug or a hardware problem. In fact, I have seen more than 8-month questions with the same issue. Microsft has responded with generic get a new battery/reinstall drivers/blame the manufacturer and refuses to acknowledge the issue. Any help is welcome.

:)

Michael_Lewis, Oct 30, 2018

2. Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1

The notebook is Packard Bell Easy Note LS11HR. The problem appears to be some kind of bug in the way windows 8/10 controls battery charging. Laptop works fine under Windows 7 and Linux and while it is in BIOS. However, after a few minutes after logging in
    Windows 10 and immediately (even during installation) in Windows 8.1 laptop stops charging and acts like the cable has been unplugged - if the battery is not present it would shut down. The battery itself holds 4+ hours.

The things I have done:

• Tested with new battery
    • Tested with new cable and adapter
    • Another wall socket
    • Tested netbook charging circuitry and jack
    • Contacting Packard Bell - they claim it is a software issue.
    • Messing with all kinds of battery and chipset drivers both in Windows 10 and 8.1 - have disabled and enabled, updated and downgraded, used the generic windows ones and the ones provided by the manufacturer.
    The only fix is to shut off the computer remove the battery and charger and leave it for few minutes. Then the notebook works properly until it is restarted or jack is unplugged. I have researched the issue in great depth and it does not appear to be a random
    bug or a hardware problem. In fact, I have seen more than 8-month questions with the same issue. Microsft has responded with generic get a new battery/reinstall drivers/blame the manufacturer and refuses to acknowledge the issue. Any help is welcome.

Michael_Lewis, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 30, 2018
  4. lucasweir Win User

Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1

HWBot Windows 10?

So this is what i found, however i dont get what an ORB link is, along with Intel XTU?

lucasweir, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1

1. Notebook refusing to charge under Windows 10/8.1 - Similar Threads - Notebook refusing charge

2. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset: I tried resetting my mecer notebook or laptop , it hasn't passed the stage of showing only the mecer screen when it's on. It says the mecer laptop ran into a problem, it will restart of which it's been stuck on the same issue. What do I do.?...
  3. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset: I tried resetting my mecer notebook or laptop , it hasn't passed the stage of showing only the mecer screen when it's on. It says the mecer laptop ran into a problem, it will restart of which it's been stuck on the same issue. What do I do.?...
  4. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP Pavillion Notebook slow under charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion Notebook slow under charging: My pc slows down and lags when watching videos/gaming under charge since I've owned it for 3 years. I've tried changing the processor figures from 100% to 99/98% but still no difference. I'm not sure why it happens and I can't seem to find anything to fix it online....
  6. HP Pavillion Notebook slow under charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion Notebook slow under charging: My pc slows down and lags when watching videos/gaming under charge since I've owned it for 3 years. I've tried changing the processor figures from 100% to 99/98% but still no difference. I'm not sure why it happens and I can't seem to find anything to fix it online....
  7. ASUS WINDOWS 8 NOTEBOOK PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS WINDOWS 8 NOTEBOOK PC: STUCK IN BIOS WITH PASSWORD SIGN IN, HOW DO I GET OUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-windows-8-notebook-pc/11b7dea3-c2cc-403d-9945-739eba266958
  8. battery not charging on my hp notebook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery not charging on my hp notebook: battery not charging on my hp notebook * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-on-my-hp-notebook/4adafd75-b86a-4df2-b6d1-834bcc403ec2
  9. MISSING AUDIO DRIVERS WINDOWS 10 (Notebook 1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MISSING AUDIO DRIVERS WINDOWS 10 (Notebook 1): Hello People. I have this mini Pc which had all the drivers installed when i bought it. But after virus attack, i decided to reset the pc, now the audio drivers are missing. i tried navigating to Device Manager but cannot even fine the speaker icon or (sound icon). Now when i...
  10. Notebook battery not charging when switched on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook battery not charging when switched on: Hi all, I bought a notebook three weeks ago for my wife, specifically a HP 14-an009a. It had Windows 10 pre-installed. It worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, but an issue has cropped up with the battery. When it is turned on and connected to the charger, the battery icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. topjoy falcon not charging