Windows 10: Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803

Discus and support Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My problem is when I'm going to Sleep my notebook. It Suspends and shuts off, but not properly! When I Suspending it, the video screen turns off, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mentospiix, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803

My problem is when I'm going to Sleep my notebook. It Suspends and shuts off, but not properly! When I Suspending it, the video screen turns off, but my mouse and notebook are still on. And when I want to return by pressing any key, to the power button, it does not return! So I have to turn off the power and turn on my notebook again.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Answer: ACER Aspire E 15 E5-574G-75ME

• Which system came originally installed on your machine?
    • Answer: Windows 10.

• What version and build of your Windows 10?
    • Version 1803 and Build 17134.165 (it happened in the previous version also 1709).

• Processor and Video Card:
    • 6th-generation intel core i7 , Nvidia Geforce 940M.

I have already updated the drivers on the ACER website by the model of my notebook, in the section DRIVER, I changed some changes in the configuration of the battery, USB, and other things... I think the problem is related to my computer's battery, ie the physical problem of the notebook, I do not know ... Do I have to update the BIOS of my computer? The problem is that I could not find the BIOS of my motherboard on the Acer website in the BIOS/Firmware section.

Model Motherboard: Zoro_SL

Current Version: 1.10

I've also tried:

- Disable all non-Microsoft Windows services.

- Disable all programs that start with Windows and all scheduled tasks (which are few) tbm.
    - I uninstalled my video card driver and installed an older one, and the problem persisted.

I have already restored my notebook by deleting the applications, but keeping the personal files, and still the problem continues.

One more question!

Turning off the power-forced notebook could damage some component of my notebook? Because I hung up on him many times, and nothing happened. It only starts Windows slower.

Thanks for listening.

Question translated from Brazilian Portuguese, you can count errors in some words.

:)

Mentospiix, Mar 3, 2019

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I beg to differ. Hibernation is for whatever situation hibernation is needed for, be it on a desktop or a laptop. For instance, desktop users who suffer from frequent blackouts would rather opt for hibernation instead of sleeping.

AFAIK, Sleep and Hibernate functions don't alter critical system files, so I don't think any permanent damage should occur. Worst I've seen are devices failing to wakeup properly, and that's easily fixed with a simple restart (or, in some cases, unpluging and repluging the device or restarting related services.)

Shihabyooo, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803

1. Notebook SLEEP/HIBERNATE incorrectly! Windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Notebook SLEEP HIBERNATE

2. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  3. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  4. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate: Please help. here are my settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-sleep-hibernate/e3484313-ce0a-4040-9bb2-1c6d3547828f
  6. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate: Please help. here are my settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-sleep-hibernate/e3484313-ce0a-4040-9bb2-1c6d3547828f
  7. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep or hibernation: I'm having a very unusual problem when Windows 10 wakes out of a sleep or hibernation on it's own due probably to an application. On the display I get a few exception and system errors on various apps trying to open like System Mechanic and Malwarebytes, etc. After responding...
  8. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sleep or hibernation: I'm having a very unusual problem when Windows 10 wakes out of a sleep or hibernation on it's own due probably to an application. On the display I get a few exception and system errors on various apps trying to open like System Mechanic and Malwarebytes, etc. After responding...
  9. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

10. Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping: I have checked the advanced power options, and everything says that closing the lid and pressing power sleeps the laptop. But it hibernates instead. It doesn’t allow you to sleep it in the Start menu options either. This started happening after my laptop’s battery died. (it...