Windows 10: Notepad ++ Alternative

Discus and support Notepad ++ Alternative in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Just started using Windows 10. Is there an alternative to the Notepad ++ that comes with 10 ? I much preferred to old version that was with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Micklanna, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Micklanna Win User

Notepad ++ Alternative

Hi,
    Just started using Windows 10.
    Is there an alternative to the Notepad ++ that comes with 10 ?
    I much preferred to old version that was with Windows 7/8
    Can I install that instead ?

Thanks, good forum !

:)

Micklanna, Feb 3, 2018

2. Notepad++ does not come with Win10, it is a 3rd party program that is the same on Win7 and Win10 - Notepad++ Home

Can you give a screenshot of the program you're referring to?

PolarNettles, Feb 3, 2018
  3. Edwin New Member
    Hello @Micklanna , welcome to tenforums! *Smile
    I'm not aware of NotePad++ coming standard with Windows 10, I still have the 'classic' NotePad in Windows 10.

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Stitch194 Win User

Notepad ++ Alternative

Try Wordpad. Type Wordpad in the search field, or click on Start > All apps >Windows accessories.

Stitch194, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Micklanna Win User
    My mistake, I thought it was part of 10, was on the Laptop when I bought it.

Just went through the search and found "Notepad", it was in "Windows Accessories"

Sorry to bug you, but I did learn something

Thanks PN, Edwin, Stitch

Micklanna, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    All good! *Thumbs

Enjoy your stay! *Smile

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Further, WordPad can be considered a very 'lite' version of Microsoft Word and does do a yeoman job for folks starting out, it's a newer rendition of the old Write that came with Windows 3.11 and earlier. In fact put Write in the Windows Key + R dialog box it should open WordPad [or maybe another word processor one has installed].

Notepad is only a text editor, very little formatting possible but great for writing batch files, programming and HTML web pages, does not add any hidden things that may get in the way of creating those things. I have Notepad++ on a couple of computers and it is more powerful than Notepad.

Berton, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Micklanna Win User

Notepad ++ Alternative

I only need a basic text editor, I use it for my Thai language studies.
    Copy and paste the Thai script into Notepad and then separate the words and place the English words directly below the Thai words/phrases.
    I find it a good way to learn how to build sentences and phrases in Thai, and you learn a lot of handy words as well.
    Thanks again guys

Micklanna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notepad ++ Alternative

1. Notepad ++ Alternative - Similar Threads - Notepad Alternative

2. Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++: I have a large notepad file that makes it so that whenever i try to run the program, it puts it in a forever loading state, i have never saved this file, and there are also other unsaved files that i need, so how do i access my other unsaved files while getting rid of this...
  3. Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++: I have a large notepad file that makes it so that whenever i try to run the program, it puts it in a forever loading state, i have never saved this file, and there are also other unsaved files that i need, so how do i access my other unsaved files while getting rid of this...
  4. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  5. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  6. White borders in the notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White borders in the notepad: I see white borders when I open notepad, they are only on the left, right and bottom, if I drag over the edge with the border - it disappears, also if I minimize and expand notepad - they disappear. I thought it was some kind of windows problem, but there have been several...
  7. White borders in the notepad

White borders in the notepad: I see white borders when I open notepad, they are only on the left, right and bottom, if I drag over the edge with the border - it disappears, also if I minimize and expand notepad - they disappear. I thought it was some kind of windows problem, but there have been several...
  8. Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...

Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old version of Notepad because I like how it's more simple and it opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall the new Notepad through the start menu and...
  9. Notepad & Paint alternatives that save size of each window?

Notepad & Paint alternatives that save size of each window?: Just spent 30 seconds downloading Greenshot and 30 minutes uninstalling it without ever being able to open and use it, so guess I'll stay with MS "fix what's not broken" snipping tool. Which saving as Paint files I use a LOT, and Notepad even more. __Both of which serve 99%...
  10. Notepad Alternative

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad Alternative: I am trying to download a large text file with Notepad. The file is too large for a notepad and I get a suggestion to try an application. Does anyone know of a notepad alternative that can handle large files. Preferably free....