Windows 10: Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible

Discus and support Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloI'm having Windows 10. My notepad text and menus in explorer etc are not displaying properly.I'm unable to recollect, what change bought this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by achalam, Jan 22, 2022.

1. achalam Win User

Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible

HelloI'm having Windows 10. My notepad text and menus in explorer etc are not displaying properly.I'm unable to recollect, what change bought this. either windows update or any software installation.Thanks for any help.Cheers!

:)

achalam, Jan 22, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Hi, FWIW, I found that Atlantis Word was already added to the Open With list for .pdf's - although it is incapable of opening them.
    (Is that so with Word?)

Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible [​IMG]

It did show in the Open With list, and when clicked stated it could not open the pdf except as a text file (or similar). I.e. it gave a sensible warning message.

I therefore chose to delete it from the Open With options for pdf. Why it was added I don't know.

In your case it seemed Word had been successfully added - you add an item, click to Save it, and then should see this confirmation:

Perhaps if a program not registered to handle an extension is added to the Open With list for that extension, it doesn't appear in the menu- would have to test that.

** Well, I tried adding Wordpad to the OW list for png, and it appeared in it, and attempted to open the file- garbage of course.

I wonder if Word might have appeared in the Choose another app list..

Example of a lot of options being presented (png)

dalchina, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jan 22, 2022
  4. qubit Win User

Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

Wordwrap

You want to turn Wordwrap on. Under regular Notepad, it's under the Format menu. Notepad++ should have something similar.

qubit, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible - Similar Threads - Notepad many similar

2. Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible: HelloI'm having Windows 10. My notepad text and menus in explorer etc are not displaying properly.I'm unable to recollect, what change bought this. either windows update or any software installation.Thanks for any help.Cheers!...
  3. Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad and many similar apps menus and text not intelligible: HelloI'm having Windows 10. My notepad text and menus in explorer etc are not displaying properly.I'm unable to recollect, what change bought this. either windows update or any software installation.Thanks for any help.Cheers!...
  4. Entering text in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering text in Notepad: How do you add space between lines of text in Notepad, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-text-in-notepad/f6634368-7067-4189-91af-5909eee4fe4a
  5. Entering text in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering text in Notepad: How do you add space between lines of text in Notepad, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-text-in-notepad/f6634368-7067-4189-91af-5909eee4fe4a
  6. Entering text in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Something similar to NOTEPAD

Something similar to NOTEPAD: I would like to have something similar to Notepad, but with more features like sort and find. At one time I used Notepad++ and it did everything I want, but for some reason I get an error when I try to run it now. I have Wordpad and it is sort of good, but but has no sort...
  8. Is it possible to write a text by speech with Cortana or similar?

Is it possible to write a text by speech with Cortana or similar?: If there is an option, I would be very pleased to have a solution. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/kann-man-mit-cortana-oae-einen-text-durch-sprache-schreiben
  9. No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10: After updating from 1803 to 1903 through windows update assistant initally everything was good after restart i can't see or find any text on desktop & even in desktop apps too Entered in safe mode too same problem occurs! Any solution?...
  10. Text that disappears from menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Text that disappears from menus: Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes strange symbols as in the picture attached. * I have Windows 10 on a stationary computer. I scanned for viruses and everything look...