Windows 10: Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...

Discus and support Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I found an weird thing with the codecs I mentioned on the title. When I open an codec with Notepad or Notepad++, it shows weird symbols and numbers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Walters2010, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...

So I found an weird thing with the codecs I mentioned on the title. When I open an codec with Notepad or Notepad++, it shows weird symbols and numbers and others. What are these weird things doing for this codec? Thanks!

:)

Daniel Walters2010, Jun 9, 2023
  2. gremar Win User

My notepad text showing weird symbols and characters

Hi,
    Please can you help me, I suffered from a virus attack and my computer is no longer behaving properly! Microsoft Office won't open and I had some backups made by Macrium Reflect which look like they are corrupt and the icon of the backup has changed to notepad and when I want to restore, Macrium no longer recongnised them.The main thing is my important notepad text files, which were kept on a separate drive, have changed to some weird charaters as well! Is there anyway I can convert them back to my original text?

Thank you!

Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3... 253897d1573126513t-my-notepad-text-showing-weird-symbols-characters-weird.png

gremar, Jun 9, 2023
  3. somnus21 Win User
    Notepad showing symbols?

I tried to open a notepad with lyrics in a different language, and the English on the file is fine, but the text in the other language shows up as a bunch of symbols. How can I fix this?

somnus21, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...

notepad

Hi,

Based on the information that you've provided, it seems that there are changes made on the Notepad application settings.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the weird symbols?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...

1. Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3... - Similar Threads - Notepad Notepad++ shows

2. Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...: So I found an weird thing with the codecs I mentioned on the title. When I open an codec with Notepad or Notepad++, it shows weird symbols and numbers and others. What are these weird things doing for this codec? Thanks!...
  3. Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad and Notepad++ shows weird symbols and numbers and others on an codec, like MP4, MP3...: So I found an weird thing with the codecs I mentioned on the title. When I open an codec with Notepad or Notepad++, it shows weird symbols and numbers and others. What are these weird things doing for this codec? Thanks!...
  4. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Weird Glitch With Notepad.: When I copy and pasted something up until now, it would be in a vertical format. But when I did the same thing today, it's all crammed together in a long, ugly, hard-to-read line. This has never been an issue before, and I really want it fixed....
  5. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

A Weird Glitch With Notepad.: When I copy and pasted something up until now, it would be in a vertical format. But when I did the same thing today, it's all crammed together in a long, ugly, hard-to-read line. This has never been an issue before, and I really want it fixed....
  6. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Invert a symbol in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert a symbol in Notepad: I need to Invert o so that it aligns at the top. Turn o upside-down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invert-a-symbol-in-notepad/b9a15710-8d3a-4002-b50f-ef1936e7e134
  8. My notepad text showing weird symbols and characters

My notepad text showing weird symbols and characters: Hi, Please can you help me, I suffered from a virus attack and my computer is no longer behaving properly! Microsoft Office won't open and I had some backups made by Macrium Reflect which look like they are corrupt and the icon of the backup has changed to notepad and when I...
  9. Windows-10 System Notepad Letters are Showing "???????" symbols.

Windows-10 System Notepad Letters are Showing "???????" symbols.: Hi, Windows -10 PC Notepad Arabic Letters are showing "????" Symblos. How to open Original File. Please give me a solution. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-notepad-letters-are-showing/ac153e4c-3f89-4ef9-a07d-cc75e93da683
  10. Weird Notepad++ stuff

Weird Notepad++ stuff: Today I went to use notepad++ 7.4, and when I go to save the text file I get - Failed to save file. Not enough space on disk to save file?. I do have enough space 1.29TB, does not seem to be happening to all text files, only some (2 different drives). When I open...