Windows 10: Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection

Discus and support Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found an interesting mis-behavior of notepad.Try creating two files.Put any kind of Japanese character in them to make one file just below 1024B and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LittleVulpix, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection

I found an interesting mis-behavior of notepad.Try creating two files.Put any kind of Japanese character in them to make one file just below 1024B and one file above 1024B can be any size. You can use the same characters in both files.For example, you can do it with the simplest one of them - hiragana "a" .In the first file, enter it 341 times 341 x UTF8's 6 bytes = 1023 B.In the second file, enter it 342 times 342 x UTF8's 6 bytes = 1026 B, 2 bytes above 1kB.Firstly - if you open any of these files by double-clicking them, there is no problem. Both will open and look just fine, both g

:)

LittleVulpix, Jun 6, 2021
  2. DooGie Win User

Latest version of Notepad++

Notepad++ version 7.6.5 has just been released.

Changelog.

Notepad++ v7.6.5 - Current Version

UPDATE.

Version 7.6.5 has been pulled due to a crashing problem.
    Version 7.6.6 will be released in a few days.

DooGie, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Midgekins Win User
    AUTO-Updates of Windows 10 and the effect on Notepad

I lost information on Notepad when my computer auto-updated after I stepped away for a bit.

1. Is there a way to recover the Notepad info?

2. Is there a way to stop the AUTO-updates?

Midgekins, Jun 6, 2021
  4. mikolajek Win User

Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection

CE character encoding in Notepad

I hate Windows feature that enforces installing localized software - e.g. I live in Poland so if I set my location as "Poland" many apps will be installed with Polish interface, which I don't want to.

Therefore I've installed my OS in en-US version and left US as my location. Now it's all nice in terms of apps interface, as it's always English. Most programs cause no problems with one exception - Notepad...

Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection [​IMG]

Whenever I open a txt file with Polish national characters, I see "bushes" instead of them. I tried to open them as UFT-8 encoded, but it hasn't helped. I've changed Notepad default font into CE encoding - no effect.

I tend to believe the default Notepad encoding is set to westerns somewhere, but I can't figure where to look for the appropriate setting - can anyone advise me on how to change it, so txt files displayed correctly?

mikolajek, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection

1. Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection - Similar Threads - Notepad bug encoding

2. Notepad Dark mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark mode Bug: My notepad app has white borders around it. I think, only the bolder is in light mode. Borders dissapear when I resize the notepad app windo, but keep appearing when I close and open notepad again. I formatted my pc, I updated windows in lateste version, I re-installed...
  3. Notepad Dark mode Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Dark mode Bug: My notepad app has white borders around it. I think, only the bolder is in light mode. Borders dissapear when I resize the notepad app windo, but keep appearing when I close and open notepad again. I formatted my pc, I updated windows in lateste version, I re-installed...
  4. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  5. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  6. Notepad bug

Notepad bug: So I found a possible bug might be malware but it's highly unlikely. I have a notepad file in which I copied the numbers from 1 to 1 million for personal purposes. I just reopened the file and for some reason its corrupted? and its a seemingly never-ending string of chinese...
  7. How to change the default Character Encoding in Notepad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the default Character Encoding in Notepad on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to change the default character encoding in Notepad in Windows 10, […] This article How to change the default Character Encoding in Notepad on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. notepad option save as encoding - unicode - does not exist anymore

notepad option save as encoding - unicode - does not exist anymore: I used to have the option to save files in notepad as unicode. I upgraded to Windows 10, Microsoft365 and the option is completely gone. All I have is ANSI, and a few UTF options. Any suggestions? Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  9. Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files: The default is always UTF-8 What should I do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-encoding-for-saving-ms-notepad/a140e14e-5ea2-4595-a56c-c211de1712e5
  10. CE character encoding in Notepad

CE character encoding in Notepad: I hate Windows feature that enforces installing localized software - e.g. I live in Poland so if I set my location as "Poland" many apps will be installed with Polish interface, which I don't want to. Therefore I've installed my OS in en-US version and left US as my...