Windows 10: Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

Discus and support Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using 2 PC running Windows 10.Notepad in both PC is set to default font Consolas Font style Regular.But only one PC can display Japanese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Minh Trí, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Minh Trí Win User

Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

Hi, I am using 2 PC running Windows 10.Notepad in both PC is set to default font Consolas Font style Regular.But only one PC can display Japanese charracter, the other cannot, it was square icon instead of charracter.I dont know where I go wrong ?PC #1PC#2

:)

Minh Trí, Nov 27, 2021

2. Notepad appears in Japanese text

All my notes in Notepad appear in Japanese text! Help!

SylviaEarnst, Nov 27, 2021
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

1. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter - Similar Threads - Notepad cannot display

2. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter: Hi, I am using 2 PC running Windows 10.Notepad in both PC is set to default font Consolas Font style Regular.But only one PC can display Japanese charracter, the other cannot, it was square icon instead of charracter.I dont know where I go wrong ?PC #1PC#2...
  3. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter: Hi, I am using 2 PC running Windows 10.Notepad in both PC is set to default font Consolas Font style Regular.But only one PC can display Japanese charracter, the other cannot, it was square icon instead of charracter.I dont know where I go wrong ?PC #1PC#2...
  4. Japanese letters display

Japanese letters display: Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to display my french language as default for windows, but be able to also see japanese letters when they are supposed to show. Ex: if I download a japanese game, if there is a notice in a .txt folder, is it possible to show...
  5. Japanese characters display problem

Japanese characters display problem: My keyboard failed to display correct Japanese characters i.e. hiragana & katakana. The characters of that correspond to English "a, i, u, e, o" now become. I tried reboot the machine and reinstall the Japanese IME pack a few times, but the problem persists. Would you...
  6. Displaying Japanese language on the monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Displaying Japanese language on the monitor: Recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro. On my previous computer, using Windows 10, I installed an app because IME didn't work, with that app I was able to have Japanese appear on the screen using qwerty keyboard as input. On the latest version of Windows I am...
  7. windows 10 display in Japanese

windows 10 display in Japanese: Andre Da Costa? I lost your answer - I need your e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-in-japanese/1c7c8c6b-b489-41b2-9e29-9c7336344ec6
  8. my display now is in Japanese......

my display now is in Japanese......: I don't read Japanese......... so I am unable to change it back to English. PLEASE I need help how to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-now-is-in-japanese/b7041cba-d271-4865-8562-659fe268e3ba
  9. Japanese - Windows Display Language

Japanese - Windows Display Language: Hello. As a Japanese student, I recently changed the Windows Display Language to Japanese. However, I find it kind of awkward to try and read correctly the kanji. Whoever knows how the Japanese language works, know what I'm talking about. I know the Windows Team have...
  10. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"