Windows 10: NotePad crashing

Discus and support NotePad crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I ty and save notepad my system hangs / crashes - any ideas 180183 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FairyNuff, May 29, 2021.

1. FairyNuff Win User

NotePad crashing

When I ty and save notepad my system hangs / crashes - any ideas

:)

FairyNuff, May 29, 2021

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2021
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 29, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

NotePad crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 29, 2021
Thema:

NotePad crashing

1. NotePad crashing - Similar Threads - NotePad crashing

2. NotepadStarter.exe issue resolved please reinstall notepad starter issue fixed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NotepadStarter.exe issue resolved please reinstall notepad starter issue fixed: For some one like me who has installed notepad along with some unwanted plugins.And I reliazed that I don't need those plugins and uninstalled notepad++. and deleted plugins folderand after one or two days when I opens notepad, It says please reinstall notepad starter.And I...
  3. Problem with notepad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with notepad.: Hi,I have a problem. I accidentally deleted notepad from my Windows computer, and when I got to the Microsoft store it said that I "owned the app".Then I tried to install it again but this feature wasn't available, my cursor turned into this emoji: when I clicked the install...
  4. Automatic Notepad recovery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Notepad recovery?: I am running 20H2 and there was a pending update. I left the computer for an hour or so while logged in with an unsaved Notepad file, and then after a while Windows 10 decided to restart itself, presumably for the pending update, or maybe there was a power issue (pretty windy...
  5. Notepad++ v8 release

Notepad++ v8 release: Released today with a dark mode... The Dark Side of Notepad++ : v8 | Notepad++ 180680
  6. Notepad Default Font changing on reboot

Notepad Default Font changing on reboot: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Howdy Folks This should be an easy one, but ... Google only provides the obvious way to change the Notepad font, not how to make a font default. - After uninstalling a PDF editor* trial I found my Notepad font changes...
  7. NotePad crashing

NotePad crashing: When I ty and save notepad my system hangs / crashes - any ideas 180183
  8. App Finale Notepad crashed in Win10, I lost it all but, see file in Temp crash dump with...

App Finale Notepad crashed in Win10, I lost it all but, see file in Temp crash dump with...: I was writing a piece of music in Win10 using Finale Notepad 2012. I was nearly finished and spent all day doing it. Then the app crashed for some reason. It has never happened before. I see a file in: This Pc>Local DiskC:>Users>der der>AppData>Local>CrashDumps\Finale...
  9. Windows 10 Notepad Wordpad App crash on landscape mode

Windows 10 Notepad Wordpad App crash on landscape mode: This is advice on what my original post was looking into but was locked for some reason. To recite the original problem, I was switching from portrait to landscape mode in the Page Setup settings and the app would crash. I found that the problem was with the default...
  10. Notepad/ windows batch keeps crashing

Notepad/ windows batch keeps crashing: I am trying to code with notepad, but it keeps crashing. Here is my code: @echo off echo Made and coded by MXRTIN on youtube. echo Type your name you want for the game set /p name= echo Hello %name%, are you ready to go on an adventure? :menu echo echo 1) Start adventure...