Windows 10: Notepad Dark Mode Bug

Discus and support Notepad Dark Mode Bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Huỳnh Ngọc Việt, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack.

:)

Huỳnh Ngọc Việt, Feb 16, 2022
  2. FredFish Win User

Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

Yesterday I downloaded Dark Notepad from the Microsoft Store. It is a dark mode version of regular notepad. The problem is I assumed that when I installed Dark Notepad it would replace Notepad....NOT. I now have both notepads and a big problem. I opened
    Dark Notepad and created and saved a batch file. When I opened the batch file to edit it Notepad opened the file, not Dark Notepad which defeats the purpose of having it.

It seems when you create a file in dark notepad there is no way to open that file again in dark notepad. The Dark Notepad version is 1.0.8.0. This was not written by Microsoft but by a third party but since it was in the Microsoft store it would "play
    well" with Windows 10.

I have Windows Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.592.

I am unable to find out how to remove Classic Notepad and replace it with Dark Notepad which may not even be possible which would make Dark Notepad useless.

FredFish, Feb 16, 2022
  3. FredFish Win User

I have tried each of your "solutions" and NONE of them work. Going to Settings > Apps > Default Apps yields nothing of help. Choosing by Default By File Type does not work either when I select the file type "TXT" Dark Notepad is not listed. If I tried
    file type "BAT" I clicked the button "Choose a default", the only option was look for an app in the Microsoft Store where Dark Notepad IS NOT LISTED, the same as it was with "TXT".

Even tried "If that fails uninstall Notepad here:

https://winaero.com/blog/install-or-uninstall-n..."

which does not work as there is NO LISTING for notepad.

FredFish, Feb 16, 2022
  4. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

I don't find anything from Dark Notepad authors on how to set it as Default. So I would contact them through the link which appear at the bottom of their Download page in MS Store app, which every app maker must provide to support their app. Let them know
    you're airing this in Microsoft Community forums where we are waiting to hear how they suggest to do this.

There is another Notepad++ app here that gives some steps which it provides to replace the default in it's Settings:

https://www.trishtech.com/2017/04/how-to-replac...

If your Dark Notepad app doesn't have similar then toward the end of that tutorial there is a registry edit to replace the Notepad default you can try.

Make sure to set a System Restore point first so you can go back if necessary:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-ena...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 16, 2022
Thema:

Notepad Dark Mode Bug

1. Notepad Dark Mode Bug - Similar Threads - Notepad Dark Mode

2. Notepad Dark mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark mode Bug: My notepad app has white borders around it. I think, only the bolder is in light mode. Borders dissapear when I resize the notepad app windo, but keep appearing when I close and open notepad again. I formatted my pc, I updated windows in lateste version, I re-installed...
  3. Notepad Dark mode Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Dark mode Bug: My notepad app has white borders around it. I think, only the bolder is in light mode. Borders dissapear when I resize the notepad app windo, but keep appearing when I close and open notepad again. I formatted my pc, I updated windows in lateste version, I re-installed...
  4. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11: Hello there,Recently I've noticed there's some bugs present within the address bar on the dark mode theme, both for Windows 10 and 11 and I'm unsure if it's intended or not. Whenever the address bar is clicked into focus the highlight on the dropdown arrow bugs out and has a...
  5. Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode Bug - Windows 10 & 11: Hello there,Recently I've noticed there's some bugs present within the address bar on the dark mode theme, both for Windows 10 and 11 and I'm unsure if it's intended or not. Whenever the address bar is clicked into focus the highlight on the dropdown arrow bugs out and has a...
  6. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  7. Dark mode search bar bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark mode search bar bug: I enabled dark mode on Windows 10 20H2 and sometimes when I click around, the search bar only is dark in the text box area, it looks like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet It turns fully dark when I hover the mouse over it. Anyone know a solution? TIA 180811
  8. Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug: [ATTACH] Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0 is black and unreadable submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9s97t/explorer_dark_mode_text_unreadable_bug/
  9. Dark mode boxes bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode boxes bug: [ATTACH] My dark mode isn't working properly, these parts are withe with white letters, making them almost impossible to read. How do I fix it? https://preview.redd.it/jt0s6kstove41.png?width=1122&format=png&auto=webp&s=741bb4f3ce62dca4c0d54b1316be28377d2a9f45 submitted...
  10. File explorer on dark mode illegible bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer on dark mode illegible bug: Dark mode works beautifully on everything, except File Explorer. A highlighted selected item is legible, but becomes stark white with white text once the selected item's window is deselected still keeping the selected item selected, causing a light grey/white illegible...