Windows 10: Notepad default page size

Discus and support Notepad default page size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello In Windows 10 notepad, how to make the default page size A 4 instead of letter. Thank you. Hany... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by allalexdental, May 1, 2020.

1. Notepad default page size

Hello

In Windows 10 notepad,

how to make the default page size A 4 instead of letter.

Thank you.

Hany

:)

allalexdental, May 1, 2020
  2. lalillie Win User

Printer's default paper size ignored

I often print to PDFs. My PDF printers are set to a default paper size of Legal. But when I print the size is Letter and I have to change it each time. This used to work. I'm not sure when it changed.
    • Windows Setting Manage Default Printer is not checked
    • Doesn't matter which printer I use - PDFCreator, Bullzip PDF, Adobe PDF
    • Windows 10 build 1803
    • Happens when printing from many apps - Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, Email
    • Works properly when printing from other apps - Notepad, Notepad++, browsers
    • Happens on multiple computers - desktop and laptop
    Any tips on how to get the printer default paper size to work?

lalillie, May 1, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, May 1, 2020
  4. Notepad default page size

Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

The format for Wordpad is A4 page size. Notepad doesn't have any page size limit.

And that's why they are 2 different programs with 2 different name.

kid41212003, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Notepad default page size

1. Notepad default page size - Similar Threads - Notepad default page

2. Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?: I've seen article suggesting it's 1GB, 2GB or 32MB or even 54KB. I'm actually confused since I'm using windows 10, which is not guaranteed compared with windows 11's notepad...
  3. Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?: I've seen article suggesting it's 1GB, 2GB or 32MB or even 54KB. I'm actually confused since I'm using windows 10, which is not guaranteed compared with windows 11's notepad...
  4. Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notepad window size

Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  6. Notepad window size

Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  7. notepad sizing

notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  8. notepad sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  9. Windows 10 - Default page size for printing

Windows 10 - Default page size for printing: Sometime during the last several months, the default page size for "most" of my print jobs has changed from letter to "A7 Envelope". This only occurs when I attempt to print something where Windows 10 opens that newish printing control panel. It seems when I print from an...
  10. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents....