Windows 10: Notepad display format issue

Discus and support Notepad display format issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the notepad with Windows 10 version 1709, format of text will not appear as expected as shown below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Whereas the same text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chandrika.shivanna, May 6, 2020.

1. Notepad display format issue

In the notepad with Windows 10 version 1709, format of text will not appear as expected as shown below.

Notepad display format issue e7cf5076-07c7-4df8-9a73-c328d6067cad?upload=true.png

Notepad display format issue 3f9162d9-6780-4a35-b3e9-5514d5e24ee4?upload=true.jpg

Whereas the same text file in version 1903 works fine.

Notepad display format issue ed3054a6-2cef-406e-bd02-c41b90caa670?upload=true.png

Notepad display format issue 4877579c-f07f-40a4-afe8-1da0a00d21b8?upload=true.jpg

So the lower version of Notepad is not compatible for the formatting implemented with text? What is the solution to fix it?

Please let me know if any other information is needed.

:)

chandrika.shivanna, May 6, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, May 6, 2020
  3. Notepad issue- English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Step 2: Windows Update

• Once again update through Windows Update
    • Follow this steps:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on Update & Security
      • On left panel click on Windows Update
      • On right panel under Windows Update click on Check for Updates

Step 3: Scan your system

• Specially D Drive or Notepad folder or Perform Full Scan
      if possible
    • Scan your system by Windows Defender(Recommended) or antivirus program

Step 4: Unreadable to English

• Open that Notepad file
    • Select all Crtl +A(Its optional only in Notepad)
    • On menu-bar click on Format menu, then Font...
    • Font window will open
    • Make it as shown below:

• Notepad display format issue 57f7c6dc-c632-4226-ba78-2b10bd8d8277.png

Step 5: Please let us know

• Please let us know if the issue is Resolved or Not.
    • Please feel free to communicate if you have stuck

Roharashraj™, May 6, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Notepad display format issue

notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., May 6, 2020
Thema:

Notepad display format issue

1. Notepad display format issue - Similar Threads - Notepad display format

2. Notepad issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad issues: Notepad app of Window 11 slow response, and usually not show when typing Vietnamese. It is very bad.Please check and fix it.Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-issues/9ec7ff3f-2bf2-485b-b101-7f7c32cf1696
  3. Notepad issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad issues: Notepad app of Window 11 slow response, and usually not show when typing Vietnamese. It is very bad.Please check and fix it.Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-issues/9ec7ff3f-2bf2-485b-b101-7f7c32cf1696
  4. Formatting issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting issues: "This drive is in use. Another program or process is using this device. Do you want to format it anyway?" I checked what could be preventing me from formatting in Task Manager but it says "0% Disk" on the processes tab. So doesn't that mean there are no processes running on...
  5. Issue with notepad...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with notepad...: Every time when I type something in notepad for e.g. :"My To-Do List:1. Clean Up Device2. Play games3. Do things "and I save my project, but when I share it with some one, or just open it again later on, I get something like this:" 2. Clean Up Device 3. Play Games My To-Do...
  6. NotePad not formatting right.

in Windows 10 Customization
    NotePad not formatting right.: When I open my NotePad, the paper is super small. The ruler says that the paper is max 2 in which makes the font gigantic even on the smallest setting. There aren't many settings that I came across that could help me fix the problem myself, so I'm wondering if someone has a...
  7. Notepad icon issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad icon issue: I accidentally set the notepad program to open bin files and now every bin file icon is replaced with notepad icons and i want to know how to reverse this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-icon-issue/0dd4a79f-723b-4845-881c-e599a50f082a
  8. .csv Format And Notepad Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    .csv Format And Notepad Question ?: Hello, I have a radio control programs that uses files copied from various sources to control a sw radio. But, these files must be in .csv format. (perhaps I should be saying that the data in the file must be in .csv format) Let's say I have done a COPY from a web source...
  9. Notepad issue

Notepad issue: I am using the free Notepad for letters. How do I get rid of "New Text Document' at the top of the page when I print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-issue/74a1ebad-4ec9-4442-b058-0658ecefad33
  10. notepad document format?

notepad document format?: i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad-document-format/56ca0d7b-59d5-44fa-bfbc-b3a68e17b3da