Windows 10: Notepad display problem after update

Discus and support Notepad display problem after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, Yesterday I successfully updated my Dell Inspiron 3650 to Windows 1903 Build 18362.295. Everything seems o.k. except that I can't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Olaf Mokulbuss, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Notepad display problem after update

Hi folks,

Yesterday I successfully updated my Dell Inspiron 3650 to Windows 1903 Build 18362.295. Everything seems o.k. except that I can't get Notepad to save as ANSI format.

Also, my files made with ANSi using the old Notepad display some characters incorrectly (— em dash, for example, which looks fine here).

Using the command prompt, I have found that the active code page for the machine is 437.

Using Notepad++ with ANSi displays my files normally, but I would like to keep using Notepad if possible.

I don't see Notepad listed in Apps & Features, so I am not able to re-set it.

I sure would appreciate some help with this.

Best / R

:)

Olaf Mokulbuss, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Cds47 Win User

Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Sep 2, 2019
  4. Notepad display problem after update

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Notepad display problem after update

1. Notepad display problem after update - Similar Threads - Notepad display problem

2. Problem with notepad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with notepad.: Hi,I have a problem. I accidentally deleted notepad from my Windows computer, and when I got to the Microsoft store it said that I "owned the app".Then I tried to install it again but this feature wasn't available, my cursor turned into this emoji: when I clicked the install...
  3. Problem in Notepad

Problem in Notepad: My notepad opened the list of files saved in alphabetical order. Now when I try to open a file it automatically takes me to the file search page. I want to go back to the previous form. How to make?...
  4. Display port problem after last updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display port problem after last updates: hello after the last update of the 16/03/2021 my displayport start of fail and appear a message in the monitor that says "displayport not signal" each time when i open a game or when i open virtual machines or when im in the desktop, i make a new instalation of windows 10...
  5. Notepad Problem

Notepad Problem: How to bold a particular word in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-problem/de8d3f46-c5bd-4fc4-a8ec-efb78e07e46e
  6. Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903: Hi Before Windows 10 hadn't updated to 1903, I was seeing auto correction and suggestion while typing in a file in the notepad app. However, I don't see that is being shown while typing in file in the notepad app. ***Modified title from: Display suggestion, when updating...
  7. Display Language problem after feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language problem after feature update: Hello. I'm facing the problem about display language. Before the feature update 1903, I can change the Windows 10 system display language from English (US) to Bahasa Indonesia entire the system. After the feature update 1903, The display language not changing entirely. Even...
  8. Display problems after October update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display problems after October update: This problem only started after the October update (1809). It started immediately after the update, and is a consistent fault. When the display turns off (power plan) after 30 mins, I get the following problems: # Repeated dong-ding / ding-dong sounds, identical to...
  9. Display problem after last update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display problem after last update: Yesterday the update 10586.104 left some weird happenings on the display. along the right hand side the upper and lower corners are darker and in the middle it much brighter. its like the login screen with window showing a bright light when you start up did not seem to...
  10. Notepad problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad problem: Using HP PresarioCQ62 laptop Win 10. (Chrome) Not very tech savvy so bear with me. Must have accidentally touched something on the pad because the notepad box that appears has gone out of sync. It moved over to the left and trying to move it back to the centre using <-> arrow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows notepad does not prompt to save modified files