Windows 10: notepad document format?

Discus and support notepad document format? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MARCMASEMAN, Sep 29, 2018.

1. notepad document format?

i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad?

:)

MARCMASEMAN, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Romel Ram Win User

how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Sep 29, 2018
  3. john barr Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Sep 29, 2018
  4. notepad document format?

Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

This.

Notepad is a ASCII editor (later versions also support Unicode) which was intended mostly for batch programming. Like most scripting languages, word wrapping is not appreciated. Because of this, Notepad naturally does not break a line unless it is ordered to do so by the ASCII line break or carriage return character. "Word wrapping" basically dictates to the program the line breaks and carriage returns are irrelevant to the context of the document.

Wordpad is a formatted document editor suited mostly for the rich-text format. Basically that means it can bold, italicize, underline, and change fonts and font sizes. ASCII, and by extension, Notepad, does not support formatting beyond program specifications (the files themselves do not contain any formatting information beyond the basics). Wordpad will force line breaks because Wordpad assumes the document isn't scripting; it assumes the document is for reading by human eyes.

If you are scripting (which it looks like you aren't) you should leave word wrapping off.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

notepad document format?

1. notepad document format? - Similar Threads - notepad document format

2. bring back document on notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bring back document on notepad: my computer died and i wasnt able to save my document can i bring up the document that i wasnt able to save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-document-on-notepad/ad5fded8-087c-42a1-80a4-25da4122847f
  3. bring back document on notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bring back document on notepad: my computer died and i wasnt able to save my document can i bring up the document that i wasnt able to save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-document-on-notepad/ad5fded8-087c-42a1-80a4-25da4122847f
  4. NotePad not formatting right.

in Windows 10 Customization
    NotePad not formatting right.: When I open my NotePad, the paper is super small. The ruler says that the paper is max 2 in which makes the font gigantic even on the smallest setting. There aren't many settings that I came across that could help me fix the problem myself, so I'm wondering if someone has a...
  5. finding a lost notepad document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    finding a lost notepad document: I created a short document yesterday on Notepad. When I tried to print it, it would not respond and print. Now I cannot find this document anywhere, and I did not delete it. The history of documents shows my search for it, but also says not found; no bytes used. where did...
  6. Notepad display format issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad display format issue: In the notepad with Windows 10 version 1709, format of text will not appear as expected as shown below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Whereas the same text file in version 1903 works fine. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] So the lower version of Notepad is not compatible for the formatting...
  7. Re-naming Notepad Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-naming Notepad Documents: I recently read a 2016 post seeking information on renaming a Windows Notepad text document. The procedure is simple and straight forward. Locate the file in your 'documents' folder (or wherever you've saved it.) Right-click on the document (do not open it) then scroll...
  8. .csv Format And Notepad Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    .csv Format And Notepad Question ?: Hello, I have a radio control programs that uses files copied from various sources to control a sw radio. But, these files must be in .csv format. (perhaps I should be saying that the data in the file must be in .csv format) Let's say I have done a COPY from a web source...
  9. Notepad document

Notepad document: Help Help Help My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated! ###################################################################################...
  10. accidently deleted notepad document

accidently deleted notepad document: I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/accidently-deleted-notepad-document/a9ab6603-e143-489d-92d6-4bf64ea53e12