Windows 10: Notepad doing strange thing!

Discus and support Notepad doing strange thing! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today is bit more lazy day. So I did a very stupid thing. I wrote zeroes of whole text file. Then I finally surprised! It stuck and on task manager I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jayasanka Bandara-2007, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Notepad doing strange thing!

Today is bit more lazy day. So I did a very stupid thing. I wrote zeroes of whole text file. Then I finally surprised! It stuck and on task manager I saw it takes upto 2.4 GB of RAM. So I stop writing it and saved it to text file. Then, it's 1.21GB text file. I couldn't read it on notepad and I read it on Notepad++. So it had ;like this. I want to know that why it takes that much space and RAM while saving; Also can this affect to this computer?

:)

Jayasanka Bandara-2007, Jul 10, 2021

2. How do I download a copy of Notepad?

"Windows 10" doesn't seem to respond to your suggestion. More?

ShirleyJChambers, Jul 10, 2021
  3. LeighRW Win User
    Notepad opens on startup. How do I stop this?

Hi,

• A month or so ago.
    • A small error box in the middle of the Notepad blank page, stating, 'Access Denied'
    • I have only done the steps within this thread.
    When I close this box the Notepad blank page is left and then I close Notepad.

I have to do this every time the computer boots!

Regards,

Leigh.

LeighRW, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Notepad doing strange thing!

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Notepad doing strange thing!

1. Notepad doing strange thing! - Similar Threads - Notepad doing strange

2. Strange things happening on my PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange things happening on my PC.: how can I see who is logged in with my account on my company PC or another PC using my account? We are on a network, so I guess anybody could login with other accounts.Today, all of a sudden Photoshop was deleted from my computer. I literally used it 1 hour before. Strange...
  3. windows 11 - Photos App doing strange things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - Photos App doing strange things: Windows 11 Photos app is very buggy. First I was not getting the arrows on the right and left to page through my photos. I had to "reset" the app a number of times to get it to work. But now, I'm getting a very strange message that says "It appears that you don't have...
  4. windows 11 - Photos App doing strange things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 - Photos App doing strange things: Windows 11 Photos app is very buggy. First I was not getting the arrows on the right and left to page through my photos. I had to "reset" the app a number of times to get it to work. But now, I'm getting a very strange message that says "It appears that you don't have...
  5. Some strange thing happening with scrolling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling: Hi, I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the...
  6. Event viewer strange things(?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event viewer strange things(?): Hi, in my event viewer several keys (name or description) are missing or are using weird codes instead of words, should I reinstall or use an older image? Is it broken and needs some fixing? [img] Thanks! 154621
  7. Strange things happening at bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening at bootup: When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in...
  8. Event viewer strange things(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Event viewer strange things(?): Hi, in my event viewer several keys (name or description) are missing or are using weird codes instead of words, should I reinstall or use an older image? Is it broken and needs some fixing? [img] Thanks! 154621
  9. Strange thing on the cortana search bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange thing on the cortana search bar: I don't know why when i wanted to search an app in the search bar, the icons and text don't align normally. And I don't know what to do to fix it! Here's the pic: [ATTACH]...
  10. Some Strange Things Going on With Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some Strange Things Going on With Defender: This has been going on for so long now I think I may have some sort of malware. I have a red cross on anti virus in security centre and on the task bar shield. In settings it tells me I am using third party anti virus but I have used every dedicated AV uninstaller. I have...