Windows 10: Notepad error

Discus and support Notepad error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When downloading an embroidery design for my embroidery sewing machine I accidently chose it to be opened in notepad. Since Notepad is text only I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JanRichardson41, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Notepad error

When downloading an embroidery design for my embroidery sewing machine I accidently chose it to be opened in notepad. Since Notepad is text only I am not able to view the design or enter it into my sewing machine. Now every image I download goes to notepad. What can I do to prevent this?

:)

JanRichardson41, Sep 10, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 10, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Notepad error

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

Notepad error

1. Notepad error - Similar Threads - Notepad error

2. notepad giving error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad giving error: After Windows 11 updates, I'm getting the "Can't find the c:" error in Notepad, and it's been slowing down my computer for the last week, it's getting too hot, I tried all the methods, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, nothing changed, what other way should I follow?system...
  3. notepad giving error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad giving error: After Windows 11 updates, I'm getting the "Can't find the c:" error in Notepad, and it's been slowing down my computer for the last week, it's getting too hot, I tried all the methods, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, nothing changed, what other way should I follow?system...
  4. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  5. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  6. Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?: I am encountering an issue in Gmsh where, upon clicking 'Edit script,' I receive an error message stating 'Notepad: The filename is invalid.' Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what might be causing it? Additionally, are there any recommended solutions or...
  7. Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?

Why do I get the error 'Notepad: The filename is invalid' when clicking 'Edit script' in Gmsh?: I am encountering an issue in Gmsh where, upon clicking 'Edit script,' I receive an error message stating 'Notepad: The filename is invalid.' Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what might be causing it? Additionally, are there any recommended solutions or...
  8. How to retrieve files that won’t transfer/backup in WinRE, cmd notepad, xcopy, “Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve files that won’t transfer/backup in WinRE, cmd notepad, xcopy, “Error...: Greetings,I’m posting since I’m at my wits end with this and tried every suggestion I could find. Thank those previously who posted and responded in the comments. I’ve spent hours testing and trying the suggestions from threads such...
  9. How to retrieve files that won’t transfer/backup in WinRE, cmd notepad, xcopy, “Error...

How to retrieve files that won’t transfer/backup in WinRE, cmd notepad, xcopy, “Error...: Greetings,I’m posting since I’m at my wits end with this and tried every suggestion I could find. Thank those previously who posted and responded in the comments. I’ve spent hours testing and trying the suggestions from threads such...
  10. Notepad opens up automatically and shows this error

Notepad opens up automatically and shows this error: Hi everyone!When I am using my PC, notepad opens up automatically and shows this error that the file is missing and asks me to create a new file. What can be the possible reason for this and how can I resolve it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad errors

2. windows 10 notepad error