Windows 10: Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

Discus and support Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Nothing happens when I click on it. CLicking on filename from Windows/System32 folder also not working I've tried SFC and DISM with restorehealth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CauZion, Apr 3, 2020.

1. CauZion Win User

Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

Nothing happens when I click on it.

CLicking on filename from Windows/System32 folder also not working

I've tried SFC and DISM with restorehealth. SFC said it found corrupted files and fixed them. DISM returns no problem at all.

Notepad keeps not working.

All recommendations I found are about SFC and DISM and it didn't work.

Please, help me here.

:)

CauZion, Apr 3, 2020

2. .exe files opening in notepad

Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks.

CooperMcKinstry, Apr 3, 2020
  3. EricUH Win User
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo.

Screenshot

Screenshot

EricUH, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

1. Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020 - Similar Threads - Notepad exe Opening

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  3. cortana wont open since last windows update

in Cortana
    cortana wont open since last windows update: since last update cortana does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-since-last-windows-update/e6bcdf4f-6ff0-4644-b013-4b153a57eb4c
  4. Windows Mar. and Apr. 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mar. and Apr. 2020 update: I don't have problems with making my computer updates. They all work and i don't want "how to update windows 10" answers. I had my computer update automatically in March. Then , I found my computer user-side administrative security settings, found in folder>properties to be...
  5. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"
  6. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  7. .exe files opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  8. Apps not opening since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not opening since last update: Multiple apps have since last update flash opened and closed. Reset Windows did not work. Seems like this has been going on for a while without a fix from Microsoft. When will we get a fix from Microsoft? Version 1809 OS Build 17763.404...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538