Windows 10: Notepad file deleted

Discus and support Notepad file deleted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had this file that was on my desktop and it randomly disappeared. I know I didn’t delete it because it was important. I tried to search for it by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VeryRareForeverJah, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Notepad file deleted

I had this file that was on my desktop and it randomly disappeared. I know I didn’t delete it because it was important. I tried to search for it by the name using the windows search and other places no luck. I downloaded a deleted file finder and it didn’t work. How do I find this?

submitted by /u/VeryRareForeverJah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VeryRareForeverJah, Nov 10, 2020

2. Noepad in Windows 10. How do I delete anything from the notepad?

I have tried your suggestion. When I try to delete it from a list or while in the in the Notepad. I can not delete anything in there.

ElaineAshley, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Nov 10, 2020
  4. Notepad file deleted

Ascii file in Notepad

Hi GreenGreen2,

This statement of an issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is this file? Is it a Notepad
      file with ASCII characters inside it? or is file with ASCII characters named on it?
    • What is the file extension of this file? Is this a .txt file or not?
    • Where is this file came from?
    • Can you give us a step by step walkthrough on what you’re doing?
    • Can you create a new user profile and test if the issue will still happen in the new user profile?
    • What were the recent changes made on your part before you experienced this issue?
    • Can we have a screenshot of this file? This is to give us at least an idea what type of file is this.

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    How to ask an effective question
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions instead of
    having assumptions and guessing.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Johann Eva, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Notepad file deleted

1. Notepad file deleted - Similar Threads - Notepad file deleted

2. Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads: Hello there! It appears that I'm encountering a peculiar issue whenever I try to update Microsoft Notepad from the Microsoft Store. Every time I update the app, the previously downloaded Notepads from my downloads folder simply disappear. This issue also occurs with Windows...
  3. Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads: Hello there! It appears that I'm encountering a peculiar issue whenever I try to update Microsoft Notepad from the Microsoft Store. Every time I update the app, the previously downloaded Notepads from my downloads folder simply disappear. This issue also occurs with Windows...
  4. Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...: Hello,I am running Windows 10 HomeI can not delete "Text Document" files aka saved notepad filesI get the same error message whether I drag the file to the recycle bin or if I right click and select delete.Either way I get a pop up that said:"File in UseThis action cannot be...
  5. Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...: Hello,I am running Windows 10 HomeI can not delete "Text Document" files aka saved notepad filesI get the same error message whether I drag the file to the recycle bin or if I right click and select delete.Either way I get a pop up that said:"File in UseThis action cannot be...
  6. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.: I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text from and then saved using the same file name, is there any way to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-notepad-file-that-i-accidentally-deleted/c796441b-a0b6-43e4-b351-86f80235e245
  7. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.: I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text from and then saved using the same file name, is there any way to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-notepad-file-that-i-accidentally-deleted/c796441b-a0b6-43e4-b351-86f80235e245
  8. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

9. I can't delete a Notepad File on my laptop

I can't delete a Notepad File on my laptop: I downloaded a gif from google but when I opened the file it was just a note in notepad with tons of weird text perhaps code? Either way I did not have the patience to convert it and I had never seen something like that before. I tried to delete the file in file explorer,...
  10. accidently deleted notepad document

accidently deleted notepad document: I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/accidently-deleted-notepad-document/a9ab6603-e143-489d-92d6-4bf64ea53e12