Windows 10: Notepad file recovery

Discus and support Notepad file recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,About 3 weeks ago I took notes in the notepad app and yesterday when I was looking for the file, I could not find it. I don't know whether I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MozJunior 2021, May 8, 2021.

1. Notepad file recovery

Hi,About 3 weeks ago I took notes in the notepad app and yesterday when I was looking for the file, I could not find it. I don't know whether I didn't save it, or saved it over another file, or if I saved it and it got overridden. I have searched in the Temp file as well as %appdata% file but no luck.Is there a way to know what was done during that specific period in the PC, just to know at least if the document was saved ?Thanks

:)

MozJunior 2021, May 8, 2021

2. Ascii file in Notepad

Hi GreenGreen2,

This statement of an issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is this file? Is it a Notepad
      file with ASCII characters inside it? or is file with ASCII characters named on it?
    • What is the file extension of this file? Is this a .txt file or not?
    • Where is this file came from?
    • Can you give us a step by step walkthrough on what you’re doing?
    • Can you create a new user profile and test if the issue will still happen in the new user profile?
    • What were the recent changes made on your part before you experienced this issue?
    • Can we have a screenshot of this file? This is to give us at least an idea what type of file is this.

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    How to ask an effective question
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions instead of
    having assumptions and guessing.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Johann Eva, May 8, 2021
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 8, 2021
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad file recovery

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Notepad file recovery

1. Notepad file recovery - Similar Threads - Notepad file recovery

2. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  3. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  4. Notepad file recovery

Notepad file recovery: I had a file around a week ago that i saved but just dissapeared from my desktop. i didnt look for the file up until today so i don't know if it even actually got saved.Is there any way i can recover the file?I already checked the bin and searched *.txt in "This PC"...
  5. Notepad file recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad file recovery: I had a file around a week ago that i saved but just dissapeared from my desktop. i didnt look for the file up until today so i don't know if it even actually got saved.Is there any way i can recover the file?I already checked the bin and searched *.txt in "This PC"...
  6. Notepad file recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  8. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  9. Automatic Notepad recovery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Notepad recovery?: I am running 20H2 and there was a pending update. I left the computer for an hour or so while logged in with an unsaved Notepad file, and then after a while Windows 10 decided to restart itself, presumably for the pending update, or maybe there was a power issue (pretty windy...
  10. Debug.txt notepad file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug.txt notepad file: What does this error mean when downloading a pdf? [1016/081305.967:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/debugtxt-notepad-file/ba8e566f-35db-4ff2-b21a-6965bbfed4ad