Windows 10: notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening

Discus and support notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I Start up notepad, for some reason its trying to load files on tabs that are historical and long since closed. Right now its going into a memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roger Bruce, Jun 20, 2024.

1. notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening

When I Start up notepad, for some reason its trying to load files on tabs that are historical and long since closed. Right now its going into a memory allocation issue 3G allocated and climbing on one of these files which is actually not very big but also isnt text. How can I Stop notepad from trying to load this historical file?

:)

Roger Bruce, Jun 20, 2024
  2. Louie_101 Win User

Notepad won't open in Windows 10

Hi Oliver,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I would suggest you to uninstall Notepad and reinstall it.

To uninstall Nopetad follow the steps below:

Press Win+I to open the Settings.

Go to Apps > Apps & Features.

In the right pane, click on ‘Optional Features’

Type Notepad in the search box and click on Uninstall.

If you have uninstalled the Notepad application and now want it back, you can easily reinstall it in a few simple steps.

Open Settings and go to Apps & Features

In the right pane, click on Optional Features.

Click on Add a Feature

Type Notepad in the search bar or scroll down to find it.

Click on Notepad and Install.

Try to launch Notepad and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Louie.

Louie_101, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Jun 20, 2024
  4. notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening

1. notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening - Similar Threads - notepad going memory

2. notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad going into a memory allocation loop when opening: When I Start up notepad, for some reason its trying to load files on tabs that are historical and long since closed. Right now its going into a memory allocation issue 3G allocated and climbing on one of these files which is actually not very big but also isnt text. How can I...
  3. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  4. Windows memory allocation

Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  5. VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue: I've been using the Ubuntu app on my windows 11 laptop, after the most recent windows update I have had issues with VmmemWSL using all my RAM. Gone through wsl.config fixes and it's not working, it goes up to 7GB after just a few commands/python scripts.Please help!...
  6. VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue

VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue: I've been using the Ubuntu app on my windows 11 laptop, after the most recent windows update I have had issues with VmmemWSL using all my RAM. Gone through wsl.config fixes and it's not working, it goes up to 7GB after just a few commands/python scripts.Please help!...
  7. Limit Memory Allocated to Cached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limit Memory Allocated to Cached: My Windows OS and all hardware work great with 1.3GB of cached memory, but over time Windows will ask for more, without any good purpose. I don't want to allow Windows to use more than it needs, I need the other memory for other applications, and if Windows Caches memory its...
  8. error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION: During start up, my laptop gives an error HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION, 0x000000AC and a blue screen. I have Lenovo ThinkPad T61, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hal-memory-allocation/ed054c97-5087-497e-8b15-ea7cc2c49e53
  9. Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios: So I own a Asus Vivobook laptop and I was wondering if I could re allocate my GPUs memory without going into bios since my bios doesnt have a GPU configuring I cant re allocate it and its quite inconvient since I need more Dedicated GPU Memory and need less of Shared GPU...
  10. Slow memory allocation on Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow memory allocation on Windows: Hi, I have implemented a program and found out that the performance of allocation a lot of memory is severely limited on Windows. Allocating and reusing a single chunk of memory (10 MB) is actually fast, but initializing a lot of new memory (30 GB) is very slow and...