Windows 10: Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update

Discus and support Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I request your help: my Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled (don't know how) after the Windows 20H2 update today. I am in the Slow Ring of the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kartosis_97, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update

I request your help: my Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled (don't know how) after the Windows 20H2 update today. I am in the Slow Ring of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), and installed the 20H2 update that came today.

I tried to open a text file later, it asked me to select the app (in which to open), and I was unsuccessful in trying to open it with Notepad. Notepad, the software itself, is not appearing in the Start menu, and when I tried to install it from optional features, the installation fails ("Install failed"), with an error message under Optional features history - "Check your WIP Settings".

I quit the WIP program, tried to reinstall, didn't work, rejoined the program, tried again, didn't work, then reset the PC completely, but it doesn't seem to work still (installing from Optional features). Please help. I apologize in advance if this post is too long.

submitted by /u/kartosis_97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kartosis_97, Jun 19, 2020

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Cds47 Win User
    Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Jun 19, 2020
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update

1. Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Notepad got uninstalled

2. Windows 10, version 20H2 update... Can't uninstall Virtualbox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, version 20H2 update... Can't uninstall Virtualbox.: Hello, I'm trying to update Windows 10, version 20H2 but when I run the update, it installs to 35% then I get the following message:"What needs your attention" and it tells me to Manually uninstall VirtualBox.I previously had an emulator installed, but uninstalled it long...
  3. After updated Windows 20H2

After updated Windows 20H2: After i updated Windows 20H2, my Microsoft Edge is being slowlier than before, I don't know the reason why but it's have some sort of things like lagging and delays when i surfing Facebook or watching Youtube with Microsoft Edge even though i didn't use any apps or games,...
  4. WIndows 10 update 20H2 Virtual Box uninstall problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 update 20H2 Virtual Box uninstall problem: Hi Does anybody have this issue. I try update windows 10 and program show me the issue to delete ORACLE Virtual Box. I go to programs and try to find VIrtual Box i search all my PC and i didn´t find app. I newer install and i dont have that app but still showing me to...
  5. No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current

No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current: While I'm using my new laptop for a month. Today, I start noticing that when I'm watching the Youtube content on the MS edge it's completely silent but if I use my wireless headset then sound comeback. After that, I go on surfing through the internet. I've tried a lot of...
  6. Windows Update not working after 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update not working after 20H2 update.: [ATTACH] I've recently updated to windows 10 20H2 update. Worked fine for a while. Suddenly, Windows Updates stopped working. When I open Settings > Windows Update, I get this message. Something went wrong. Try opening Settings Later....
  7. After installing updates 20H2 and KB4586781, HDMI connection got disabled

After installing updates 20H2 and KB4586781, HDMI connection got disabled: Earlier today, I've applied the 20H2 and KB4586781 updates to a laptop. This laptop is connected to a secondary monitor throughHDMI, this connection was working flawlessly. Right after the updates were installed, the HDMI justturned off and became completely unusable. It's as...
  8. Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!: As usual I searched for Windows updates to my computer today which I do every morning. The download AND initial install took under 10 seconds! After reboot the final installation took about 30 seconds. This is the fastest update to a new version ever! As present everything...
  9. Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!: As usual I searched for Windows updates to my computer today which I do every morning. The download AND initial install took under 10 seconds! After reboot the final installation took about 30 seconds. This is the fastest update to a new version ever! As present everything...
  10. Notepad, Windows Insider Program Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 10 20H2 update

Notepad, Windows Insider Program Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 10 20H2 update: I request your help: my Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled don't know how after the Windows 20H2 update today. I am in the Slow Ring of the Windows Insider Program WIP, and installed the 20H2 update that came today. I tried to open a text file later, it asked me to select the...