Windows 10: Notepad has gone missing

Discus and support Notepad has gone missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all *Smile Since this new communitive update for 2004 Tues 14 July - My Notepad has gone missing Had a look in Apps its not there and Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xsteveuk, Jul 14, 2020.

1. xsteveuk Win User

Notepad has gone missing

Hi all *Smile

Since this new communitive update for 2004 Tues 14 July - My Notepad has gone missing
    Had a look in Apps its not there and Microsoft store - windows notepad and can't install it button not working

Notepad has gone missing [​IMG]

Notepad has gone missing [​IMG]

:)

xsteveuk, Jul 14, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Jul 14, 2020
  4. Notepad has gone missing

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Notepad has gone missing

1. Notepad has gone missing - Similar Threads - Notepad has gone

2. My Bluetooth Has Gone Completely Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth Has Gone Completely Missing: My computer has had a problem installing the latest update and continues to fail but the main annoyance from this is that my bluetooth drive has randomly completely gone missing. Its not in the device manager and in my settings theres no option to turn it on or off. Ive ran...
  3. My Bluetooth Has Gone Completely Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth Has Gone Completely Missing: My computer has had a problem installing the latest update and continues to fail but the main annoyance from this is that my bluetooth drive has randomly completely gone missing. Its not in the device manager and in my settings theres no option to turn it on or off. Ive ran...
  4. My Bluetooth Has Gone Completely Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth driver has gone missing

Bluetooth driver has gone missing: My Bluetooth drive has gone missing and I cant used all of my bluetooth devices. When I did Add Legacy Hardware and still cant find any 'bluetooth' certificates on those manufacturers intel or microsoft. Please help me. Thank You....
  6. Bluetooth Capability has gone missing

Bluetooth Capability has gone missing: I had this Dell 3593 since March 2020 which I had a HP mouse connected via Bluetooth but suddenly not sure if there had been any updates at the time the Bluetooth disappeared and the laptop has NO Bluetooth capabilities. Any ideas how this could be fixed because I'm at my...
  7. Windows Notepad is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Notepad is missing: Hi, after latest Windows update 17-July-2020, Notepad in my PC has gone missing. I searched for Windows Notepad in Microsoft Store yet unable to install it. It says require update Windows 10 version 19541.0 or higher Despite several attempts, update still unsuccessful....
  8. Local Disk "D" has gone missing with data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk "D" has gone missing with data: Started up computer this morning and the local data drive D is missing. Not present in file explorer. have included a screenshot of disk management. Notice that no options are avilable when I right click on several slots, only a "help" word which simply opens a url in...
  9. Windows Live Folder has gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Folder has gone missing: Windows Live Folder has gone missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-folder-has-gone-missing/900300f7-c72b-425b-9f8f-6a7b4dec69a1"
  10. Please help- Bluetooth has gone missing

Please help- Bluetooth has gone missing: Hey guys wonder if anyone can help me, basically my Bluetooth has gone missing, I normally use a Bluetooth speaker , I brought another screen and since then Bluetooth gone ? It comes through my laptop but my Bluetooth option has now gone Please help * Original title:...