Windows 10: Notepad help?

Discus and support Notepad help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I swear there was a way to search for a certain word or phrase in notepad and replace it? any thoughts ? I need it!*cry 85480 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hazzaman, May 26, 2017.

1. hazzaman Win User

Notepad help?

I swear there was a way to search for a certain word or phrase in notepad and replace it? any thoughts ? I need it!*cry

:)

hazzaman, May 26, 2017

2. Notepad

Notepad++ is a third party product.

There is no 'relationship' between Windows Notepad and Notepad++.

More information (history) on Notepad++: Notepad++ - Wikipedia

Shenan Stanley, May 26, 2017
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Notepad

Hi Sheldon,

Notepad++ is different from Microsoft Notepad. Notepad++ is third-party replacement for Notepad with additional functionality.
    On the other hand, Microsoft Notepad is a basic text editor included in Windows and is installed by default under the Accessories program group.

When you view a file created in another text editor, font formatting applied may be missing
    in Notepad because it does not include all font formatting information. The font settings you can choose in Notepad are for display, and are only visible in Notepad.

Regards.

Kris Ver, May 26, 2017
  4. Notepad help?

TairikuOkami, May 26, 2017
  5. What @TairikuOkami said. And I've been using Notepad++ almost exclusively. A great little program.

Wiley Coyote, May 26, 2017
  6. My favorite Notepad replacement is Jarte the free version has more than enough features for me like Tabs, Spellchecker, Favorite files list and a lot more
    It is also a Microsoft Wordpad (.RTF) replacement which is handy if you want to add some Bold or Color etc to the file without using Word
    Fast, small and light on resources
    There is a Portable version, which I use all the time, so you can test it without installing it

Jarte's Word Processing Features

FrillyBits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Notepad help?

1. Notepad help? - Similar Threads - Notepad help

2. help regarding notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help regarding notepad: I have accidently discarded the notepad data without saving it was very important one actually can anyone help me to retrieve it for me?I have already tried checking with recycle bin but nothing works can anyone help?...
  3. help regarding notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help regarding notepad: I have accidently discarded the notepad data without saving it was very important one actually can anyone help me to retrieve it for me?I have already tried checking with recycle bin but nothing works can anyone help?...
  4. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  5. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  6. how to turn off overwrite in notepad window 11 kindly help as soon as possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off overwrite in notepad window 11 kindly help as soon as possible: How to turn off overwrite in notepad window 11 kindly help as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-overwrite-in-notepad-window-11/f4e8638c-eb6e-446e-a15f-a66ea5aec81f
  7. how to turn off overwrite in notepad window 11 kindly help as soon as possible

how to turn off overwrite in notepad window 11 kindly help as soon as possible: How to turn off overwrite in notepad window 11 kindly help as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-overwrite-in-notepad-window-11/f4e8638c-eb6e-446e-a15f-a66ea5aec81f
  8. I want to print from notepad and help refers to a text file. How do I print from notepad...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to print from notepad and help refers to a text file. How do I print from notepad...: How do I print from notepad easily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-from-notepad-and-help-refers-to-a/93e36b47-50dd-483c-9dc6-5b7def9fb72b
  9. I want to print from notepad and help refers to a text file. How do I print from notepad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to print from notepad and help refers to a text file. How do I print from notepad...: How do I print from notepad easily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-from-notepad-and-help-refers-to-a/93e36b47-50dd-483c-9dc6-5b7def9fb72b
  10. I want to print from notepad and help refers to a text file. How do I print from notepad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad help windows 10