Windows 10: notepad I lost my file

Discus and support notepad I lost my file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi microsoft.. I lost my file in notepad, how can i get that back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JordyBosch1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. notepad I lost my file

Hi microsoft.. I lost my file in notepad, how can i get that back?

:)

JordyBosch1, Oct 10, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

lost notepad

If you were typing your notes in Notepad when the power cut, they are lost, notepad does not have an autosave or file recovery function, it is a very basic text editor, sorry!

DaveM121, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Ascii file in Notepad

Hi GreenGreen2,

This statement of an issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is this file? Is it a Notepad
      file with ASCII characters inside it? or is file with ASCII characters named on it?
    • What is the file extension of this file? Is this a .txt file or not?
    • Where is this file came from?
    • Can you give us a step by step walkthrough on what you’re doing?
    • Can you create a new user profile and test if the issue will still happen in the new user profile?
    • What were the recent changes made on your part before you experienced this issue?
    • Can we have a screenshot of this file? This is to give us at least an idea what type of file is this.

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    How to ask an effective question
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions instead of
    having assumptions and guessing.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Johann Eva, Oct 10, 2018
  4. notepad I lost my file

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

notepad I lost my file

1. notepad I lost my file - Similar Threads - notepad lost file

2. LOST NOTEPAD DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOST NOTEPAD DATA: SO I LOST MY NOTE PAD DATA AS I SAVED DIFFERENT DATA IN THE SAME NAME AND CLICKED ON THE OPTION "REPLACE <FILENAME>". IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY PREVIOUS DATA OF THE NOTEPAD???????...
  3. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  4. finding a lost notepad document

finding a lost notepad document: I created a short document yesterday on Notepad. When I tried to print it, it would not respond and print. Now I cannot find this document anywhere, and I did not delete it. The history of documents shows my search for it, but also says not found; no bytes used. where did...
  5. I lost my files

I lost my files: Please help me; I called the support service, they installed windows 10 but then I lost all my information and documents; this is causing a disaster in my work computer. Please HELP me....
  6. I need help to find the lost notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to find the lost notepad: I have the notepad folder in my desktop with all my passwords and everything that I need daily but today I don't know it just got deleted or lost cuz I couldn't find it in the recycle bin and it's just not there. Please help me. submitted by /u/mol7ekma [link] [comments]...
  7. LOST ARTICLE IN NOTEPAD

LOST ARTICLE IN NOTEPAD: I saved an article I typed in Windows 10 Notepad. When I retrieved it in my documents it has come out in a very different format which i cannot use. Is there any way I can get my original back....
  8. I lost my files

I lost my files: All my files disappeared after Windows 10 update. Is it possible to save my information? It is really important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-files/4ff03bcc-e952-4598-9344-2244d0cbb4a3
  9. I LOST MY NOTEPAD

I LOST MY NOTEPAD: I WROTE AMEASSAGE FOR MY CHURCH AND NOW I CAN'T FIND WHERE LOOK FOR IT AT PLEASE HELP........... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-notepad/3135279b-5a1a-4ab2-8e83-e1ddd090d31b
  10. NotePad Modifies My Files

in Windows 10 Support
    NotePad Modifies My Files: When I type something on the NotePad and save it then open the file I see the characters "ı" turn to "i"? How to fix? I want Turkish Language characters. 103234