Windows 10: Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Notepad in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot save changes to an existing file in Notepad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Williamsagon, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

I cannot save changes to an existing file in Notepad?

:)

Williamsagon, Jan 2, 2019

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

1. Notepad in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Notepad Pro

2. Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old version of Notepad because I like how it's more simple and it opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall the new Notepad through the start menu and...
  3. How to delete Notepad cache in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Notepad cache in Windows 11 Pro?: Hello,I used Notepad just regular Notepad, not Notepad++ to open a somewhat sensitive file on a USB drive, then closed Notepad and removed the USB drive. Now I notice that when I open Notepad again, it automatically opens up the same file even with the USB drive not plugged...
  4. How to delete Notepad cache in Windows 11 Pro?

How to delete Notepad cache in Windows 11 Pro?: Hello,I used Notepad just regular Notepad, not Notepad++ to open a somewhat sensitive file on a USB drive, then closed Notepad and removed the USB drive. Now I notice that when I open Notepad again, it automatically opens up the same file even with the USB drive not plugged...
  5. After updating win 11 pro build 22621.963 Vietnamese font error in notepad only letters Ư,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating win 11 pro build 22621.963 Vietnamese font error in notepad only letters Ư,...: When I installed the new Windows 11 pro 22H2, the Vietnamese font in notepad displayed normally.But after the updates, I started to see notepad that the font error ư, ơ turned into a square box but when I deleted and retyped those words, the display was normal and very...
  6. After updating win 11 pro build 22621.963 Vietnamese font error in notepad only letters Ư,...

After updating win 11 pro build 22621.963 Vietnamese font error in notepad only letters Ư,...: When I installed the new Windows 11 pro 22H2, the Vietnamese font in notepad displayed normally.But after the updates, I started to see notepad that the font error ư, ơ turned into a square box but when I deleted and retyped those words, the display was normal and very...
  7. Install windows notepad on Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install windows notepad on Windows 10 Pro: The windows notepad is not installed on my new Windows 10 Pro client. Using Windows Store to install it, it states you need minimum Windows 10 version 19541.0 or higher. I've updated my windows to the latest version by Windows Update -> Windows 10 Pro 19041.388. The...
  8. Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004?: I did a system reset and afterwards, I noticed that Notepad is no longer installed. And if you have to go to Microsoft Store and download the one in there that MS made: Windows Notepad then they need to fix it because it thinks Windows 10 2004 is a lower version. [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro): As of 11/23/19 I have been unable to save anything I type/create in Notepad. When I click on Save As the notepad I was working on just closes out and disappears, almost as if I had opened Notepad, clicked the red X and it goes away. Normally when you click Save As a box...
  10. Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin: I am an administrator and it won't let me run notepad as administrator. No option to pick it. This is a brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro after adding a new harddrive. Thanks for your help... Sue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad win 10 pro