Windows 10: Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

Discus and support Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arkevorkhat, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim blame me with "oh, then you should've stayed with windows 7," I do not care about your opinions on that matter and ***NOTEPAD*** went missing. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling it from the manage optional features window, it's still, just, missing. Seriously, all sarcasm aside, there is no good reason to ever remove t

:)

Arkevorkhat, Jan 17, 2022

2. Can't install notepad

1. Open Settings.
    2. Navigate to Apps > Apps & features.
    3. On the right, click on Manage Optional features.
    4. Click on Add a feature.
    5. Select Notepad from the list of available features.
    6. Click on the Install button.

FreeBooter, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    Windows Notepad is missing

Hello nchinofficial Good day.

I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I hope I can help you on your concern.

Could you please try installing the notepad in Manage Optional features

1. Open Settings.

2. Navigate to Apps > Apps & features.

3. On the right, click on Manage Optional features.

4. Click on Add a feature.

5. Select Notepad from the list of available features.

6. Click on the Install button.

7. This will install Notepad.

Sincerely

Louie

Louie_101, Jan 18, 2022
  4. John DeV Win User

Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

Can't Open NotePad

Hello robinkushal,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with notepad missing.

What is your current Windows version? Press Start then search Settings, select System then About.

Kindly try to reinstall Notepad

Press Start then search Manage optional features

Check if Notepad is on the list, Click Uninstall

Close Settings

Press Start then search Manage optional features

Click Add a feature then select notepad on the list

Put a check then Click Install

Open again Notepad

Press WIN+R to open Run

Type: notepad then hit Enter

Navigate to this location then check notepad on the list

C:\WINDOWS\system32

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

1. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features. - Similar Threads - Notepad missing listed

2. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  3. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  4. Optional Features missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features missing: Hello, I wanted to look through the optional features and install some that I want, like Wireless Display, however, they are all missing. It's just an empty box. Any ideas why?...
  5. Optional Features missing

Optional Features missing: Hello, I wanted to look through the optional features and install some that I want, like Wireless Display, however, they are all missing. It's just an empty box. Any ideas why?...
  6. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  7. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  8. Media Feature Pack not showing on "Optional Features" list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack not showing on "Optional Features" list: Hello, I need to download the Media Feature Pack to play Minecraft Java Edition, but it's not on the "Optional Features" list where every tutorial says to go to download it. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256. What do I do?...
  9. Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...: I uninstalled Notepad in order to supposedly install to the newest version of Notepad in the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, I tried to install Notepad but it doesn't allow me. Whenever I hover over the "Install" button, it shows a stop sign saying I can't download it. I...
  10. Optional Features not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Features not installing: I'm running Windows 10 Pro N 1909 and try to install the media feature pack and media player through the optional features but it still doesn't install. Same through powershell. I've turned off metered connection. Its needed for MFS2020 as it throws up a winmovie_z error...