Windows 10: notepad is using ctrl E instead of ctrl A for 'select all'

Discus and support notepad is using ctrl E instead of ctrl A for 'select all' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on win 11, latest windows update. AT some point Notepad converted to a spanish version of the app "bloc de notas" and it is using CTRL E instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wayneNP, Mar 26, 2022.

1. wayneNP Win User

notepad is using ctrl E instead of ctrl A for 'select all'

I am on win 11, latest windows update. AT some point Notepad converted to a spanish version of the app "bloc de notas" and it is using CTRL E instead of CTRL A for "select all". I would like it to use CTRL-A, like everything else uses, I don't care if the app is english or spanish. I have been unable to find any specific explanation of why the CTRL E swap occurred, or how to fix it. Any ideas? I am working with a spanish keyboard and learning spanish, which is probably related to why some of my apps now show up in spanish. That is not an issue, I know there is a setting that allows

:)

wayneNP, Mar 26, 2022
  2. mapote Win User

Notepad Ctrl-Z not working

The CTRL-Z, or undo function on notepad is not working the way it is supposed to. Instead of undoing my last stroke, It seems to revert to a previous state. For example I type aaaaaaaaa, then ctrl-z cycles between that text and no text at all.

mapote, Mar 26, 2022
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 26, 2022
  4. philc43 Win User

Ctrl + Home/End Not Working Notepad Win10

Hello Jem,

It looks as if the Ctrl key is not working in Notepad. Do the Home and End keys work on their own and move the cursor to the beginning and end of each line?

What about shift + End? Does this select the text?

What about Ctrl + Shift + End? Does this select to end of text or end of line?

Just trying to understand what is going on!

philc43, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

1. notepad is using ctrl E instead of ctrl A for 'select all' - Similar Threads - notepad using ctrl

2. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason: As the title suggests, I can't use Ctrl-A Z or E with my left Ctrl button even though all of my keys work perfectly well individually. Those 3 commands also work perfectly well with my right Ctrl button, even though it's particularly inconvenient to use it.I checked around...
  3. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason: As the title suggests, I can't use Ctrl-A Z or E with my left Ctrl button even though all of my keys work perfectly well individually. Those 3 commands also work perfectly well with my right Ctrl button, even though it's particularly inconvenient to use it.I checked around...
  4. Seriously? Ctrl+ A no longer selects all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seriously? Ctrl+ A no longer selects all?: Horrible start to using Windows 11 when I can't even use a shortcut to select all. After decades of Ctrl+ A, C, & Ving all over windows, it's just gone with no explanation? You begged me incessantly to switch to Windows 11....I damn sure knew giving in was a bad idea, & sure...
  5. Seriously? Ctrl+ A no longer selects all?

Seriously? Ctrl+ A no longer selects all?: Horrible start to using Windows 11 when I can't even use a shortcut to select all. After decades of Ctrl+ A, C, & Ving all over windows, it's just gone with no explanation? You begged me incessantly to switch to Windows 11....I damn sure knew giving in was a bad idea, & sure...
  6. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  7. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  8. notepad is using ctrl E instead of ctrl A for 'select all'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad is using ctrl E instead of ctrl A for 'select all': I am on win 11, latest windows update. AT some point Notepad converted to a spanish version of the app "bloc de notas" and it is using CTRL E instead of CTRL A for "select all". I would like it to use CTRL-A, like everything else uses, I don't care if the app is english or...
  9. Notepad Ctrl-Z not working

Notepad Ctrl-Z not working: The CTRL-Z, or undo function on notepad is not working the way it is supposed to. Instead of undoing my last stroke, It seems to revert to a previous state. For example I type aaaaaaaaa, then ctrl-z cycles between that text and no text at all....
  10. Ctrl + select not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl + select not working: When i try to select non contiguous text on chrome, pdf or other apps by holding ctrl and selecting text with left click it unselects my previous selection when i move onto the next i wish to select. The same technique works in word or file explorer though. Ctrl + A still...