Windows 10: Notepad keeps resizing itself to larger than the available screen space

Discus and support Notepad keeps resizing itself to larger than the available screen space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm currently running Windows 10 64 bit and using 2 monitors. I'm also currently running Microsoft "PowerToys" "FancyZones" to define regions across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TK2262, Aug 25, 2021.

1. TK2262 Win User

Notepad keeps resizing itself to larger than the available screen space

I'm currently running Windows 10 64 bit and using 2 monitors. I'm also currently running Microsoft "PowerToys" "FancyZones" to define regions across both monitors.For some reason, each time I open Notepad in my 2nd monitor which uses 3 zones. The left zone is a singular column, 50% width by 100% height. The right 2 zones are 50% width and 50% height it resizes itself so that it's larger than the available screen space. Interestingly, I don't have the problem on monitor one which is split into 4 zones, each of 50% height by 50% width.I've tried each of the suggestions in an earlier post,

:)

TK2262, Aug 25, 2021
  2. Sitheil Win User

resize notepad

Notepad in Windows 10 fills the screen. I can not resize. How do I resize to smaller?

Sitheil, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Canzara Win User
    Keeps resizing after sleep

Hopefully I can explain this properly.
    I'm having an issue with video. Ever since i upgraded to a gtx 660 ti when returning from sleep the resolution seems to change.
    I keep having to "resize" the desktop slightly.
    Its fine returning from games, or anything else seems to be fine...but everytime my monitor goes into sleep and I wake it, the screen is wrong. Either it will have black bars all the way around the screen, or it will be too large for the screen.
    Its easily fixed using the resize button in the nvidia control panel, but its getting old.

The system was freshly formatted when I upgraded.
    I've tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing using the latest versions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canzara, Aug 25, 2021
  4. AW2212AW Win User

Notepad - page opens new Window

No, can't drag on a corner - tried that. That option was available previously - I could drag a corner and make Notepad larger or wider, as necessary. Now, when I click on my shortcut, it just opens a new Window that covers the screen.

AW2212AW, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Notepad keeps resizing itself to larger than the available screen space - Similar Threads - Notepad keeps resizing

2. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  3. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  4. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Larger Spacing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Larger Spacing in Explorer: Windows Version: Version Dev (Operating system compilation: 21337.1000) Hi! I've got a little problem. No matter when I open Explorer.exe (File Explorer), I have larger spaces between files, folders, etc. (Screenshot at the bottom). Anyone have a solution? Thank you in...
  6. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  7. Any maximised window is larger than my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Any maximised window is larger than my screen: For many years I've assumed that the subject issue, described below, was a flaw unique to my particular monitors, a succession of iiyama models, always 1920 x 1200, my preferred resolution. But I was wrong, because I've today replaced my 24" iiyama Prolite E2403WS with a 24"...
  8. picture larger than screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13
  9. Notepad will no longer resize

Notepad will no longer resize: Notepad will no longer resize when I try go drag the sides, it will maximise or minimise only. Note I use Notepad from my task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/notepad-will-no-longer-resize/a44ba5ca-cace-41d6-94c0-fa97b4b2a80c
  10. Windows 10 update larger than available memory

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update larger than available memory: I just got a notice that I had a Windows10 Update available, and it installed the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" on the desktop. When I run it, I get the error "You'll Need to Free Up Some Disk Space on your PC, 16gb required". The problem is I don't HAVE 16gb. This is a small...