Windows 10: Notepad++ menu

Discus and support Notepad++ menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to be able to see the following menu line in Notepad++. At present it is not showing and I don't know why. Above is the way I want it to show.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by huffman, May 4, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

Notepad++ menu

I want to be able to see the following menu line in Notepad++. At present it is not showing and I don't know why. Above is the way I want it to show. How do I get that to show?

:)

huffman, May 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, May 4, 2021
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., May 4, 2021
  4. Notepad++ menu

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Notepad++ menu

1. Notepad++ menu - Similar Threads - Notepad++ menu

2. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  3. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  4. Menu contextuel et Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menu contextuel et Notepad: Bonjour,J'ai créé des fichiers .bat et .cmd pour mon PC sous Windows 11.J'ai fait des raccourcis sur le bureau pour les lancer.Lorsque je souhaite modifier un .bat ou un .cmd, j'ouvre le menu contextuel du raccourcis du bureau et je sélectionne "Modifier".Je vois l'icône de...
  5. Menu contextuel et Notepad

Menu contextuel et Notepad: Bonjour,J'ai créé des fichiers .bat et .cmd pour mon PC sous Windows 11.J'ai fait des raccourcis sur le bureau pour les lancer.Lorsque je souhaite modifier un .bat ou un .cmd, j'ouvre le menu contextuel du raccourcis du bureau et je sélectionne "Modifier".Je vois l'icône de...
  6. Windows terminal is not opening in the explorer context menu; notepad modern app is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows terminal is not opening in the explorer context menu; notepad modern app is not...: I clicked "Open in Windows Terminal" in the desktop context menu and nothing happens, so as the notepad modern app in run dialog won't launch when I typed "notepad", these problems happened at the same time so I think this is the same problem. I installed millions of apps on...
  7. Windows terminal is not opening in the explorer context menu; notepad modern app is not...

Windows terminal is not opening in the explorer context menu; notepad modern app is not...: I clicked "Open in Windows Terminal" in the desktop context menu and nothing happens, so as the notepad modern app in run dialog won't launch when I typed "notepad", these problems happened at the same time so I think this is the same problem. I installed millions of apps on...
  8. context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++)

in Windows 10 Support
    context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++): So i just ran across my txt files not having the right-click print option. pdf's do, word files do etc. Just nothing for basic old .txt files. Seems odd and the only thing I can think of is the fact i changed notepad++ to be my editor for them. Anyone know where this is...
  9. How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu: Am I dreaming? I'm certain that once upon a time, (perhaps long ago) I could highlight text on a webpage and simply right-click and copy to Notepad. I've spent hours touring the registry, trying to add the feature. I've only been able to locate desktop and explorer context...
  10. How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu: Am I dreaming? I'm certain that once upon a time, (perhaps long ago) I could highlight text on a webpage and simply right-click and copy to Notepad. I've spent hours touring the registry, trying to add the feature. I've only been able to locate desktop and explorer context...