Windows 10: Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10

Discus and support Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After Paint and WordPad, Windows 10’s Notepad app could become an optional feature that users can uninstall in the future. With Windows 10 20H1 Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 3, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10

After Paint and WordPad, Windows 10’s Notepad app could become an optional feature that users can uninstall in the future. With Windows 10 20H1 Build 19041 (RTM candidate), Microsoft has quietly added Notepad to the Optional Features section.

Windows 10’s Optional Features section, which can be accessed from the Settings app, allows users to turn features on and off. You can enable or disable things like Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Quick Assist, and several language options.

Microsoft understands that many users want the ability to uninstall any feature they don’t use and even popular apps such as WordPad, Notepad, and the classic Paint are joining the ranks of other legacy apps such as Windows Media Player.

Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10 Notepad-optional-features.jpg

As you can see the above screenshot, Notepad is listed in the optional features page and you can uninstall the app immediately. After the app is uninstalled, you need to restart the device and Notepad will be entirely removed from the system.

Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10 Notepad-uninstalled.jpg

Notepad will also disappear from Windows Run, Command Prompt, and Windows Search results.

Like other optional features, Notepad can always be reinstalled.

By allowing users to uninstall Notepad, Microsoft is making it much easier for them to install third-party apps like Notepad++.

Uninstalling Notepad makes it much easier to open third-party apps with ‘Notepad’ command in Windows run and other programs, but you still need to edit the registry value.

As for Paint, you can install third-party programs like Paint.NET.

Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10 Notepad-optional.jpg

Microsoft was planning to keep Notepad updated through the Microsoft Store, but the company recently decided against supporting the store-updatable version of the app.

While Microsoft hasn’t revealed why it decided against rolling out the Windows Store version of Notepad app, it appears that the company hasn’t given up on the idea yet. It’s possible that Microsoft is laying the groundwork for Notepad store version by offering it as an optional feature.

The post Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10

1. Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Notepad might become

2. Windows 10 optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 optional features: Is there a way to enable "windows optional features"? For me there is no such thing and online are only tutorials on how to enable apps inside the optional features. Main problem is my pc not having the program notepad. I already tried looking for a way to fix this but there...
  3. Windows 10 optional features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 optional features: Is there a way to enable "windows optional features"? For me there is no such thing and online are only tutorials on how to enable apps inside the optional features. Main problem is my pc not having the program notepad. I already tried looking for a way to fix this but there...
  4. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  5. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  6. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 Optional Features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Optional Features: HelloI found the below article exactly my problem while searching for a solution for Optional features that fail to install, no error, no progress on the bar, just hangs for a while and...
  8. Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...: I uninstalled Notepad in order to supposedly install to the newest version of Notepad in the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, I tried to install Notepad but it doesn't allow me. Whenever I hover over the "Install" button, it shows a stop sign saying I can't download it. I...
  9. Windows 10 "Optional" features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Optional" features: In Windows 10 settings, there is a list of "Optional" features, most, if not all, that I have no use for. If they are "Optional" as they say, how come I don't see a way to uninstall these "Options"? Example: 95.8 MB for "English US Speech Recognition". I NEVER talk to...
  10. New features in Notepad in Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 News
    New features in Notepad in Windows 10 v1809: [ATTACH] Microsoft has updated the good old Notepad app in Windows 10 v 1809. The humble Notepad in Windows is a very basic text editor you can use for simple documents. Let us take a look at the new features in [...] This post New features in Notepad in Windows 10 v1809 is...