Windows 10: Notepad missing from start

Discus and support Notepad missing from start in Cortana to solve the problem; Notepad is missing in the start menu, search. I've enabled/installed it from the optional feature option in the settings, I can access it through... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Vincitore_, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Notepad missing from start

Notepad is missing in the start menu, search. I've enabled/installed it from the optional feature option in the settings, I can access it through runwindows+run. Any ideas?

:)

Vincitore_, Jun 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Jun 24, 2020
  3. How do I download a copy of Notepad?

"Windows 10" doesn't seem to respond to your suggestion. More?

ShirleyJChambers, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Notepad missing from start

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Notepad missing from start

1. Notepad missing from start - Similar Threads - Notepad missing start

2. Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows: Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows. I tried installing from the app store but neither install button works across multiple browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox....
  3. Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows: Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows. I tried installing from the app store but neither install button works across multiple browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox....
  4. Notepad missing from Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2

Notepad missing from Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2: Having an issue with getting Notepad installed on new Windows 21H2 imagesI have mounted the WIM file we deploy with SCCM and I can see Notepad.exe in Windows\system32 of the mounted WIM file. but Notepad.exe is missing on all of the machines we have imaged. I have tried to...
  5. Notepad missing from Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad missing from Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2: Having an issue with getting Notepad installed on new Windows 21H2 imagesI have mounted the WIM file we deploy with SCCM and I can see Notepad.exe in Windows\system32 of the mounted WIM file. but Notepad.exe is missing on all of the machines we have imaged. I have tried to...
  6. Notepad missing from Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10: Notepad missing

Windows 10: Notepad missing: My Notepad on my Windows 10 PC is no longer on my PC. [ATTACH] As shown in this screenshot, you can see that the option to create regular text documents is no longer avaliable.[ATTACH] This image shows that the only result that comes up is Notepad++, a coding notepad....
  8. Windows Notepad is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Notepad is missing: Hi, after latest Windows update 17-July-2020, Notepad in my PC has gone missing. I searched for Windows Notepad in Microsoft Store yet unable to install it. It says require update Windows 10 version 19541.0 or higher Despite several attempts, update still unsuccessful....
  9. Notepad has gone missing

Notepad has gone missing: Hi all *Smile Since this new communitive update for 2004 Tues 14 July - My Notepad has gone missing Had a look in Apps its not there and Microsoft store - windows notepad and can't install it button not working [img] [img] 160639
  10. Notepad is missing on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad is missing on Windows 10?: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and notepad is missing. Windows is up to date. I've tried running sfc /scannow but it said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." Any help?...