Windows 10: Notepad not working on 2004 version?

Discus and support Notepad not working on 2004 version? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So notepad got randomly uninstalled, I installed it again through the apps in settings So it is installed on my pc now but I still don't have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kAEDwf, Jun 28, 2020.

1. /u/kAEDwf Win User

Notepad not working on 2004 version?

So notepad got randomly uninstalled, I installed it again through the apps in settings

So it is installed on my pc now but I still don't have the option to create a new notepad if I right click my desktop

submitted by /u/kAEDwf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kAEDwf, Jun 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2020
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Notepad not working on 2004 version? - Similar Threads - Notepad working 2004

2. Notepad Version with Tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Version with Tabs: Can anyone download the new Notepad Version with tabs. I seem to have the most current version, i.e. nothing to download on Windows Update. I have 22h2 and the Notepad Version is Windows Notepad 11.2210.5.0. Windows Version is 22H2 22621.1485. I tried the Microsoft Store and...
  3. new version of notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new version of notepad: The 'replace' function on the new version of notepad does not work as I want in this scenario:I have a list of rows with two data elements separated by a comma these are latitude and longitude data with quotes around the data in each row.I am trying to simply remove the...
  4. new version of notepad

new version of notepad: The 'replace' function on the new version of notepad does not work as I want in this scenario:I have a list of rows with two data elements separated by a comma these are latitude and longitude data with quotes around the data in each row.I am trying to simply remove the...
  5. Printer not working On version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer not working On version 2004: I have recently changed some of my family's pc to SSD drives. After doing fresh installs of Version 2004 my printer ricoh AP 410 does not print. I have one PC which runs 1909 which works although in the summer I had to remove an update that caused the same issue. I have...
  6. Notepad is in the wrong language after installed Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad is in the wrong language after installed Windows 10 version 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FluffyQuack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbkpa6/notepad_is_in_the_wrong_language_after_installed/
  7. version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    version 2004: version 2004 has been installing for 14 hours is this ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-2004/0a3874ec-3ed6-4de7-a79b-7a3c602e3cb3
  8. Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/incognitocmode [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3ca1r/cant_find_notepad_with_search_bar_windows_10/
  9. Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 2004: Dear Community, Since I have had Version 2004 updated I get a pop up warning like so FullTrustNotifier.exe-bad Image error status 0xc000012f. The pop up is at random does not allow me to do my work. Can someone help m resolve the issue? My email address is *** Email...
  10. Latest version of Notepad++

Latest version of Notepad++: Notepad++ version 7.6.5 has just been released. Changelog. Notepad++ v7.6.5 enhancements & bug-fixes: Security enhancement: GPG Signature is provided for Notepad++ release. Fix a long waiting issue about file auto change detection: enhance "File status Auto-Detection" to...