Windows 10: notepad not working

Discus and support notepad not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i need to edit a config file for a game and my notepad wont open. i tried a couple of solutions that gave me find more problemsi checked apps and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by fljdg, May 14, 2021.

1. fljdg Win User

notepad not working

i need to edit a config file for a game and my notepad wont open. i tried a couple of solutions that gave me find more problemsi checked apps and features, optional features and tried to uninstall notepad, but whenever i click optional features, settings just crashes. i searched for a solution and it talked about windows update and running codes in cmd•net stop bits•net stop wuauserv•net stop appidsvc•net stop cryptsvc•Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak•Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak•net start bits•net start wuauserv•net start appidsvc•net start cry

:)

fljdg, May 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, May 14, 2021
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2021
  4. JCabebe Win User

notepad not working

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 14, 2021
Thema:

notepad not working

1. notepad not working - Similar Threads - notepad working

2. notepad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad is not working: my notepad is not opening and showing error message. please consider my query . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-not-working/0b6cbaef-0493-4cd4-8047-5e8d62c65be6
  3. notepad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad is not working: my notepad is not opening and showing error message. please consider my query . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-not-working/0b6cbaef-0493-4cd4-8047-5e8d62c65be6
  4. Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file: When I try to edit a bat file using notepad the notepad is open in a new window instead of a new tab and when I open the notepad app it opens two windows one with the bat file and one with my previous tabs....
  5. Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file

Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file: When I try to edit a bat file using notepad the notepad is open in a new window instead of a new tab and when I open the notepad app it opens two windows one with the bat file and one with my previous tabs....
  6. how can I get my old work done in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I get my old work done in notepad?: I have written an html code for my project, and it was very long and big which I cannot write it again. Kindly tell me the steps so that I can get back my work and I don't have to do double work, kindly help .........................
  7. how can I get my old work done in notepad?

how can I get my old work done in notepad?: I have written an html code for my project, and it was very long and big which I cannot write it again. Kindly tell me the steps so that I can get back my work and I don't have to do double work, kindly help .........................
  8. how can I get my old work done in notepad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Notepad not working on arm build: Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad not working on arm build: Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations: Hello, I have a Windows 11 pro arm build 10.0.22598 running as a VM and when I try to open a .txt file, I receive this error: "Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations". I've tried the "cleanup-image" commands in powershell with success, but when I run "sfc...
  10. Notepad not working on arm build: Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations

Notepad not working on arm build: Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations: Hello, I have a Windows 11 pro arm build 10.0.22598 running as a VM and when I try to open a .txt file, I receive this error: "Package Failed updates, dependency or conflict validations". I've tried the "cleanup-image" commands in powershell with success, but when I run "sfc...