Windows 10: notepad not working

Discus and support notepad not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i need to edit a config file for a game and my notepad wont open. i tried a couple of solutions that gave me find more problemsi checked apps and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by fljdg, May 14, 2021.

1. fljdg Win User

notepad not working

i need to edit a config file for a game and my notepad wont open. i tried a couple of solutions that gave me find more problemsi checked apps and features, optional features and tried to uninstall notepad, but whenever i click optional features, settings just crashes. i searched for a solution and it talked about windows update and running codes in cmd•net stop bits•net stop wuauserv•net stop appidsvc•net stop cryptsvc•Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak•Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak•net start bits•net start wuauserv•net start appidsvc•net start cry

:)

fljdg, May 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, May 14, 2021
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2021
  4. JCabebe Win User

notepad not working

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 14, 2021
Thema:

notepad not working

1. notepad not working - Similar Threads - notepad working

2. Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work: In Notepad, the scrolling on a laptop's touchpad isn't smooth at all. First there's a delay, and then it jerks down and stops. So you can't read as you scroll because it's not smooth and you lose your place and have to find where you were reading. It's extremely...
  3. file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...: Hi, This is a really dramatic and surprising result so I wanted to tell people about it. A few months back I started to have a lot of problems with my Windows 10 Pro machine and they all happened at the same time. File explorer wouldn't refresh automatically...
  4. Win 10 notepad no longer works?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 notepad no longer works?: Hi folks, I have the latest iteration of Windows 10 64bit. Around a week ago my notepad just stopped working, I click on it and it opens and the first thing I notice is the cursor doesn't move I click into it and the top right corner of the notepad over the buttons goes...
  5. What do I do when Microsoft Windows Notepad does not work at all?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do I do when Microsoft Windows Notepad does not work at all?: How can I FIX the Microsft Windows Notepad? It does not work anymore and not help found anywhere. Microsoft STOPPED its phone support too! I have installed Notepad ++ but it is destroyed the Windows Notepad. And can not load that notepad anymore at all. It is...
  6. Why did this happen? Also before this unsaved notepad work was there so how to recover that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did this happen? Also before this unsaved notepad work was there so how to recover that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kk1fw8/why_did_this_happen_also_before_this_unsaved/
  7. Notepad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad not working: Hi guys. I am unable to open the notepad or paint application. whenever i click it nothing happens. For paint it says that "unable to create a new document". However i don't use paint so often. But please help me fix the problem with the notepad not opening. I have tried the...
  8. Notepad Ctrl-Z not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Ctrl-Z not working: The CTRL-Z, or undo function on notepad is not working the way it is supposed to. Instead of undoing my last stroke, It seems to revert to a previous state. For example I type aaaaaaaaa, then ctrl-z cycles between that text and no text at all....
  9. Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...: I uninstalled Notepad in order to supposedly install to the newest version of Notepad in the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, I tried to install Notepad but it doesn't allow me. Whenever I hover over the "Install" button, it shows a stop sign saying I can't download it. I...
  10. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....