Windows 10: notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click

Discus and support notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think this started happening since the latest update, other icons on my taskbar respond to right clicking and left clicking notepad responds fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Axelluu, Nov 5, 2020.

1. notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click

I think this started happening since the latest update, other icons on my taskbar respond to right clicking and left clicking notepad responds fine, also opening the .txt files I made with notepad from my documents folder work perfectly fine as well

KB4578968 I believe is the update

submitted by /u/Axelluu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Axelluu, Nov 5, 2020

2. Can't right-click notepad icon in taskbar

I opened Notepad with Run dialog, but still can't right-click the notepad icon on Taskbar.

It doesn't work for me notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click :(

Ryan Luong, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Pinning a Notepad file to taskbar.

This is no longer possible, but there is a small different due to a feature called Jumplist. If you keep the Notepad shortcut pinned to the Taskbar, you should be able to access the frequently accessed file from the Notepad jump list. Just right click
    Notepad and you should see the file, you can pin it within the list so its always available.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 5, 2020
  4. notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click

I lost notepad icon. How to get t back ?

In the "Search box" enter: notepad and then select "Notepad" located a the top displayed list. After Notepad opens, pin it (right click on the icon in the taskbar) to the Taskbar.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click

1. notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click - Similar Threads - notepad taskbar won't

2. Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items: Have been looking for a way to fix this and coming up empty. I keep Notepad Not notepad++ pinned to my taskbar. When I Right click I get the context menu and I have pinned items that I used often. However, most of the items are duplicated. If I unpin an item both listings go...
  3. Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items: Have been looking for a way to fix this and coming up empty. I keep Notepad Not notepad++ pinned to my taskbar. When I Right click I get the context menu and I have pinned items that I used often. However, most of the items are duplicated. If I unpin an item both listings go...
  4. Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notepad Right click, pin to taskbar not working

notepad Right click, pin to taskbar not working: Still can not get notepad to remember files on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-right-click-pin-to-taskbar-not-working/b637c704-b5b9-4dd9-91a8-d854fd230421
  6. Right click not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Right click not responding: Dear Support team, Need help below 1. Right click of any file, folder, application, software is not working, it keep on scrolling round? 2. Windows defender scan is suspending continuously while full scan or custom scan or quick scan? 3. Inadvertently I installed one...
  7. Right click not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click not responding: C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  8. right click not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click not responding: recently ,I reset my laptop and after the installation I face an issue whenever I try to right click on the desktop window the cursor goes to loading state and doesn't responds or open the context menu. Is there any solution ?? please help!!...
  9. Right click not responding......

Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK: I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years....