Windows 10: Notepad Opening File Complications

Discus and support Notepad Opening File Complications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While I was downloading something I received the option to use Notepad to help download a mod for a game of mine, I accidentally clicked the "open all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristineP1116, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Notepad Opening File Complications

While I was downloading something I received the option to use Notepad to help download a mod for a game of mine, I accidentally clicked the "open all files using Notepad" option, which, every time I open apps it opens with Notepad which doesn't let me use the app but shows the coding or words and numbers. I deleted notepad trying to stop the files from opening like that but it seems to still be opening like this. How do I get my apps and files to work normally again and stop notepad from opening all my files.

:)

ChristineP1116, Sep 7, 2019

2. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?

UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there intermittently appears the list of recently open Notepad files. But I don't have a reliable method for accessing this list. Grrr.

Will much appreciate help.

RobertLightbourne, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Notepad Opening File Complications

ALL my files and folders opens with notepad

Hi Sabrina,

Files may open in notepad or other applications if the file associations is not configured correctly. File association is a setting where you choose a program that can open a certain file. For example, for .docx files, you can set it to be opened through
    Microsoft Word and once you open a file with that extension, it should open with the app that you set.

To better isolate the issue, please provide us more information by answering the questions below:

• What are the specific files affected?
    • What is the extension of the files? You may check this by right-clicking on the file itself then click
      Properties. The information should be in the Type of File
      field.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Notepad Opening File Complications

1. Notepad Opening File Complications - Similar Threads - Notepad Opening File

2. Notepad File Opening at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad File Opening at Startup: A day i created a file with some informations about my Laptop and setted to auto-run when i log in my local account, now i want make the file stop running automatically when i login, i tried to delete but Notepad keeps opening. File was on my DesktopHow i can fix that?I put...
  3. Notepad File Opening at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad File Opening at Startup: A day i created a file with some informations about my Laptop and setted to auto-run when i log in my local account, now i want make the file stop running automatically when i login, i tried to delete but Notepad keeps opening. File was on my DesktopHow i can fix that?I put...
  4. Notepad Files Open Blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad Files Open Blank: Recently, I've noticed that some random notepad files are no longer containing any actual text. I've attempted "Ctrl+*" to check if maybe the text was hidden, which it wasn't. I've tried to check for any previous versions, of which there are none. I've even tried Command...
  5. Json file opens in notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Json file opens in notepad: Ok so dont hate me too much cause I dont know anything about programming So here's my problem I got a game and I found out you could mod the game and change the map for that you needed an json file of the map which you would overwrite one of your saved maps with and I...
  6. Files opening with Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  7. debug-file-opens-in-notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug-file-opens-in-notepad: A notepad file text below opens up whenever I boot up my desktop computer. What does it mean? How do I deal with this? [0312/211005.586:ERROR:process_info.cc329] VirtualQueryEx: Access is denied. 0x5 [0312/211005.587:ERROR:process_info.cc556] ReadMemoryInfo failed...
  8. *.dat file is opening in Notepad

*.dat file is opening in Notepad: I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it. Please help how to change it to default....
  9. .exe files opening in notepad

.exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  10. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...