Windows 10: NotePad opens saved files minimized

Discus and support NotePad opens saved files minimized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Butch73, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Butch73 Win User

NotePad opens saved files minimized

All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open
    maximized?

Thanks.

I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok.
    If I make a notepad shortcut on my desktop the shortcut will open maximized. It is the saved
    txt files that will not open full screen.

:)

Butch73, Mar 4, 2019

2. Saved note in Notepad opens blank

Hi Thistlefur,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing issues with a file on your computer. One possible cause could be corrupted system files.

I'd like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify if you were able to open the file before after saving it. Is the issue specific to a particular notepad file? Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the System File Checker and DISM tool to scan for any corrupted system files. Here's how:

1. On the Start menu, type Command Prompt. Right-click the result, and then select
      Run as administrator.
    2. Copy or type each command followed by hitting Enter.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

You can also restore the previous version of the notepad file. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the notepad file and then select Properties.
    2. Click the Previous Versions tab.
    3. Under File versions, select a version you would like to restore. Click
      Open to check for the contents. If you're satisfied with the contents of the file, you can click
      Restore. You will be prompted to overwrite the existing file version that you have.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Can't find saved NotePad in files

Hi,

Possible that you accidentally save the files in a different file extension name.

In order for us to resolved your concern, we need to ask some information to isolate the issue.

1. How do you save the file in Notepad? It's better to provide the step by step procedure on how do you save the file.

2. How do you search your saved Notepad file?

3. Is it all files saved in Notepad that you cannot find after saving?

4. Are you getting an error message when you try to find the files saved in Notepad?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Mar 4, 2019
  4. ak_it Win User

save notepad file

You cannot save the file type as a .doc directly from Notepad, but you can save the file as a text file, open it with Word and save it as a .doc file.

ak_it, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. NotePad opens saved files minimized - Similar Threads - NotePad opens saved

2. Are Notepad files saved online?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Notepad files saved online?: I have two laptops that I use, and one of them has a notepad file that I made quite a while ago, and didn't really need up until now. Unfortunately, the laptop that I used to for the notepad is now packed away, and I'm in a different country, so it's not something I can...
  3. Are Notepad files saved online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Notepad files saved online?: I have two laptops that I use, and one of them has a notepad file that I made quite a while ago, and didn't really need up until now. Unfortunately, the laptop that I used to for the notepad is now packed away, and I'm in a different country, so it's not something I can...
  4. Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open: A am just starting to use note pad. I was successful in making two files and saving them. I went back in later opened one of my files then I 'SAVE AS" to save it to my desk top. Fine it did just fine. HOWEVER now every time I open Notepad I can create a new file BUT I cannot...
  5. Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open

Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open: A am just starting to use note pad. I was successful in making two files and saving them. I went back in later opened one of my files then I 'SAVE AS" to save it to my desk top. Fine it did just fine. HOWEVER now every time I open Notepad I can create a new file BUT I cannot...
  6. Notepad minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad minimized: every time i open notepad is minimized please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-minimized/7820442e-b06d-48e1-b447-02e8f133017b
  7. Notepad minimized

Notepad minimized: every time i open notepad is minimized please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-minimized/7820442e-b06d-48e1-b447-02e8f133017b
  8. Microsoft Notepad file saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Notepad file saving: Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I made during that session was gone. What I guess happened is that I closed the actual file I was working on, but what waited...
  9. Microsoft Notepad file saving

Microsoft Notepad file saving: Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I made during that session was gone. What I guess happened is that I closed the actual file I was working on, but what waited...
  10. Note Pad opens saved files minimized

Note Pad opens saved files minimized: All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok. If I make a notepad...