Windows 10: Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2

Discus and support Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have some question. My system is Windows SV2 22621. After restore laptop to factory image, it could not use notepad open notepad, Photos open image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JingJhong Chen, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2

I have some question. My system is Windows SV2 22621. After restore laptop to factory image, it could not use notepad open notepad, Photos open image file and script to execute some UWP application first time, but could be work at second time. How would to fix this problem.TW SV1 system not happend this.

:)

JingJhong Chen, Aug 21, 2022
  2. John DeV Win User

Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

Hello vijaydesai741,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with notepad, wordpad and paint not working. What is your current Windows edition and version? Press Start then search Settings,
    select System then About.

Please try to reinstall Paint, Wordpad and Notepad if it helps.

Press Start then search Manage optional features

Find Notepad on the list then click Uninstall

Restart your PC

After that, Press Start then search then search Manage optional features

Click Add a feature

Select Notepad then Install

Please try to open Notepad

Do the same for Microsoft Paint and Wordpad

Please try to check Wordpad on this location

C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Paint & Notepad won't allow exit - forces save as

What scripted text? I wrote out all of these posts after researching your problem. So are you saying you didnt' even try the steps before giving me a bad rating, and now you've given me another one.?

I had the same problem when I opened Paint and Notepad as you. I found a fix that is to click on the File tab, then choose Save As, then Other Formats. This opens a box I canceled, which then allows me to X out of the Paint window from it's top right corner.
    Did you try this?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Aug 21, 2022
  4. Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2

MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2

1. Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2 - Similar Threads - Notepad Paint script

2. Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10: I need to reload Notepad and Paint for Windows 10 but see only Windows 11 in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find these downloads? I have an HP Stream with 32meg storage so whenever a new full update to Windows 10 needs to be downloaded, I have to uninstall all the...
  3. paint and notepad error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paint and notepad error: i have tried to reset and reinstall the application but it doen't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-and-notepad-error/8a7f0ba5-d60d-477d-a303-5d73babdce7b
  4. paint and notepad error

paint and notepad error: i have tried to reset and reinstall the application but it doen't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-and-notepad-error/8a7f0ba5-d60d-477d-a303-5d73babdce7b
  5. Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2

Notepad, Paint, script cannot work on Windows 11 SV2: I have some question. My system is Windows SV2 22621. After restore laptop to factory image, it could not use notepad open notepad, Photos open image file and script to execute some UWP application first time, but could be work at second time. How would to fix this problem.TW...
  6. Paint Not Working On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Not Working On Windows 11: Hi eveyrone,Paint is not working on Windows 11. Does anybody know how to solve this?Model is HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 2P6B4AVThank you...
  7. Paint Not Working On Windows 11

Paint Not Working On Windows 11: Hi eveyrone,Paint is not working on Windows 11. Does anybody know how to solve this?Model is HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 2P6B4AVThank you...
  8. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  9. "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working

"Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working: In the Start menu drawer, all the applications are showing but, I am not being able to open them. While opening the Notepad and steps record applications it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad and Paint show this error "Unable to create new document". I have...
  10. notepad script files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notepad script files: I created a script file using notepad utility. How do I find and run the script file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-script-files/8baa6fd7-f0f5-44d3-a685-f0e71d17e4fc