Windows 10: Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Discus and support Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 Update. Edition --> Windows 10 Home Single Language Version --> 20H2 Installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Siva2007, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Siva2007 Win User

Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Hi,

Recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 Update.

Edition --> Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version --> 20H2

Installed on --> ‎20-‎12-‎2020

OS build --> 19042.685

Experience --> Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Previously i had Windows 10 version 1903 May 2019 Update and notepad were working properly. But after installing version 20H2, majority of notepad text files is in gibberish/unreadable symbols.

Will be happy if someone solves this issue as early as possible.

Thank you and Wish you all Advance Happy New Year 2021

Bye,

Siva

:)

Siva2007, Dec 31, 2020

2. Notepad issue- English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Hey.

So I have multiple folders that have notepads and I store information in said notepads. There is one particular folder in disk D that turned every notepad application's language into unreadable symbols. Other notepads outside this folder have proper, readable
    English written in them. I've contacted Microsoft's answer desk team and they told me to do a system recovery. So I did, and it did not fix the issue(it actually slowed my PC, heh) and till this day I'm looking for answers. Notepad's language was functional
    for months with Windows 10 and suddenly turned into gibberish, so the problem isn't the change from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've tried opening them with WordPad and Notepad++ and it is still gibberish. I haven't tried the encoding option Notepad++ has because
    I don't know how it works(mentioning this because it worked for some), so if that's an option to fix something please do mention. I will love whoever fixes this for me forever.

Thank you for your time ^.^

Bakr Aburoza, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Notepad issue- English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Step 2: Windows Update

• Once again update through Windows Update
    • Follow this steps:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on Update & Security
      • On left panel click on Windows Update
      • On right panel under Windows Update click on Check for Updates

Step 3: Scan your system

• Specially D Drive or Notepad folder or Perform Full Scan
      if possible
    • Scan your system by Windows Defender(Recommended) or antivirus program

Step 4: Unreadable to English

• Open that Notepad file
    • Select all Crtl +A(Its optional only in Notepad)
    • On menu-bar click on Format menu, then Font...
    • Font window will open
    • Make it as shown below:

• Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols 57f7c6dc-c632-4226-ba78-2b10bd8d8277.png

Step 5: Please let us know

• Please let us know if the issue is Resolved or Not.
    • Please feel free to communicate if you have stuck

Roharashraj™, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Notepad issue- English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Im actually having the same problem too. I have Windows 10 and I had started writing a story in Notepad. It's been a few months and I went back to see what I had written down but now all I have is weird symbols. I really hope to get this restored as this
    work was really important to me.

Toxic-Mind-Honey, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

1. Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols - Similar Threads - Notepad problem English

2. Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols: Has anyone see this issue before? If so, is there a quick fix for this or a complete windows re-install is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-power-menu-unreadable-garbled-and-symbols/ab10b0e2-f66f-4b55-9811-688375314205
  3. Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols: Has anyone see this issue before? If so, is there a quick fix for this or a complete windows re-install is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-power-menu-unreadable-garbled-and-symbols/ab10b0e2-f66f-4b55-9811-688375314205
  4. Notepad has converted a file used for a while into symbols and special characters gibberish...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad has converted a file used for a while into symbols and special characters gibberish...: I have a notepad file that was maintained over several computers and windows updates. All was good until the latest update of Windows 11 I think as I did not check right after the update. But now the file is not readable. I have tried converting to ANSI, UFT8, UFT16, and...
  5. Notepad has converted a file used for a while into symbols and special characters gibberish...

Notepad has converted a file used for a while into symbols and special characters gibberish...: I have a notepad file that was maintained over several computers and windows updates. All was good until the latest update of Windows 11 I think as I did not check right after the update. But now the file is not readable. I have tried converting to ANSI, UFT8, UFT16, and...
  6. Update to Win 11 turned all notepads to GIBBERISH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update to Win 11 turned all notepads to GIBBERISH: All notepads are now gibberish after update to win 11 when everything was fine before the upgrade.DESPITE wasting hours following the advice online, nothing has worked.Can anyone help. Have been unable to find anyway to actually talk to a MS tech.I'm trying to help out an...
  7. Update to Win 11 turned all notepads to GIBBERISH

Update to Win 11 turned all notepads to GIBBERISH: All notepads are now gibberish after update to win 11 when everything was fine before the upgrade.DESPITE wasting hours following the advice online, nothing has worked.Can anyone help. Have been unable to find anyway to actually talk to a MS tech.I'm trying to help out an...
  8. Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols: I would like to submit a minidump log to get technical help on a persistent BSOD “PnP Detected Fatal Error.” I cannot, however, because the logs are in unreadable Unicode symbols. I cannot find a setting or other solution that makes the logs readable. Would appreciate any...
  9. Invert a symbol in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert a symbol in Notepad: I need to Invert o so that it aligns at the top. Turn o upside-down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invert-a-symbol-in-notepad/b9a15710-8d3a-4002-b50f-ef1936e7e134
  10. Unreadable non-ANSI characters in Notepad

Unreadable non-ANSI characters in Notepad: The problem: People living in countries, with languages including non-ANSI characters and want a full English Windows environment. If the user sets the System locale (Language for non-Unicode programs) to the country they live in, then many apps will check this setting and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Some files are not readable languages in notepad