Windows 10: Notepad randomly gone from computer

Discus and support Notepad randomly gone from computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Notepad is no longer on my computer. In the apps & features list notepad does not show up and I cant open any files with notepad only have WordPad. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PierceCL, Jul 14, 2020.

1. PierceCL Win User

Notepad randomly gone from computer

Notepad is no longer on my computer. In the apps & features list notepad does not show up and I cant open any files with notepad only have WordPad. I went to Windows/system32 and found notepad.exe.mui but only opens in WordPad doesn't launch notepad. Tried uninstalling notepad using a command and went to the Microsoft store to download notepad again but it says I already own it. Also tried going into regedit and deleting notepad in there also no luck. Don't know why this happened never touched anything related to notepad just stopped working. After running the notepad uninstall command I still have notepad.exe.mui in system32 is there a way to uninstall it and redownload it again. Like I said it does not show up in apps & features list so I cant uninstall it from there. Any help on this would be great don't know what to do next.

:)

PierceCL, Jul 14, 2020
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Notepad randomly gone from computer nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Jul 14, 2020
  4. Notepad randomly gone from computer

saving letters from NOTEPAD

Hi Ron,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with using
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Do you have an Office program installed on your computer? This enables the
      Clipboard feature to let you copy and paste texts.
    • What is your method of copying a text?
    • In what program are you trying to attempt to paste your letters copied from
      Notepad?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase questions and concerns in our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Notepad randomly gone from computer

1. Notepad randomly gone from computer - Similar Threads - Notepad randomly gone

2. Microsoft store is gone from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store is gone from my computer: I did everything I can do to get microsoft store back after a reset, I even reset it completely one more time and it is still not there. every method and answer that you can find on the internet I can assure you I did it, so please if someone can help me reply because I...
  3. Microsoft store is gone from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store is gone from my computer: I did everything I can do to get microsoft store back after a reset, I even reset it completely one more time and it is still not there. every method and answer that you can find on the internet I can assure you I did it, so please if someone can help me reply because I...
  4. Bluetooth is gone from computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is gone from computer: Last night I opened a game and my Bluetooth audio started to sound really bad, when I went to go reconnect it I just couldn't, and now the toggle switch for Bluetooth is gone and the troubleshooter says that my computer does not support Bluetooth and in device manager...
  5. Bluetooth is gone from computer

Bluetooth is gone from computer: Last night I opened a game and my Bluetooth audio started to sound really bad, when I went to go reconnect it I just couldn't, and now the toggle switch for Bluetooth is gone and the troubleshooter says that my computer does not support Bluetooth and in device manager...
  6. Bluetooth gone from my computer completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth gone from my computer completely: For the past few months my Bluetooth would randomly shut off and disappear usually I would fix this with resetting my computer but one day resetting it wouldn't fix the problem so I went and followed all the tips and tricks to get it to work again. I did device manager...
  7. notepad is gone from my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    notepad is gone from my computer: i've had notepad just like anyone else up until two weeks ago or so, when i wanted to create a ".txt" on my dekstop but didn't see the option. in its place was "rich text document" or ".rtf" anyone know how to fix? i don't want notepad++ or some alternative, i wish to get...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly is gone from my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth suddenly is gone from my computer?: my Bluetooth came with this laptop and 1 day I decide to use it and it says Bluetooth disabled and I was like what? So when I tried to find the on-off button it was not there and it's not in the command center and it's not also in the device manager it's like my Bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth gone from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth gone from computer: Bluetooth has somehow disappeared from my computer. There is no way of activating it and upon troubleshooting, I only get a message saying Bluetooth doesn't exist on this device. This despite the fact that I've used devices through Bluetooth almost every day for the last...
  10. Notepad has gone missing

Notepad has gone missing: Hi all *Smile Since this new communitive update for 2004 Tues 14 July - My Notepad has gone missing Had a look in Apps its not there and Microsoft store - windows notepad and can't install it button not working [img] [img] 160639