Windows 10: NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.

Discus and support NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way for me to re-enable my NotePad’s recent-files shortcut?Once upon a time I pinned NotePad to my TaskBar, and – when I would right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1edan, Jun 22, 2021.

1. 1edan Win User

NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.

Is there a way for me to re-enable my NotePad’s recent-files shortcut?Once upon a time I pinned NotePad to my TaskBar, and – when I would right-click on it – a list of some of my most recent NotePad files would show up, and the files on that list could be pinned right there on the list for quick access. I really it that way. But the function got lost with new updates, probably. I would like to restore it for any future use and despite any future updates. Is it possible to do it?

:)

1edan, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Anak Win User

Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

Here's win7's notepad recent list:

NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut. [​IMG]

And win10's:

NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut. [​IMG]

3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 22, 2021
  4. NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?

UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there intermittently appears the list of recently open Notepad files. But I don't have a reliable method for accessing this list. Grrr.

Will much appreciate help.

RobertLightbourne, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.

1. NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut. - Similar Threads - NotePad Recent Files

2. Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...: This is on Windows 11 Pro.As I did with Windows 10, I'd like to have a shortcut to Notepad on my taskbar.TO that Notepad shortcut, I'd like to pin a text file, as a Jump List, I think.A single left click gets you Notepad. A right click lets you choose the text file.It's easy...
  3. Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...: This is on Windows 11 Pro.As I did with Windows 10, I'd like to have a shortcut to Notepad on my taskbar.TO that Notepad shortcut, I'd like to pin a text file, as a Jump List, I think.A single left click gets you Notepad. A right click lets you choose the text file.It's easy...
  4. Notepad shortcuts do not work with DropBox

Notepad shortcuts do not work with DropBox: DropBox just did an update that DISABLED the pinned files on Notepad. I can access the files by setting the windows default .txt files to be notepad. However, if I pin the file to the shortcuts on the notepad I get the message that notepad can not access the file. The same...
  5. Notepad is not updating Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad is not updating Recent Files: When I right click on the Notepad icon on my toolbar in Windows 10 it gives me a list of Recent Files, but they are only old files that I have opened, not any new ones that I have created recently, which are the ones I want to find to get back to quickly. I have the same...
  6. Notepad Saved File turning into a Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad Saved File turning into a Shortcut: Hello! This morning I was writing a story on Notepad so that I could copy-paste it onto a website to post it. When I saved the file before leaving I made a new folder in the documents folder, and saved it in there. Later on in the day, I went back to the folder to continue...
  7. how to get notepad shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get notepad shortcut: I can open notepad via search, but it would be convenient to have a shortcut. Other discussions here recommend using the start menu, but I don't have a start menu. (Yes, this is Windows 10) When I click the Windows thingy in the lower left of the screen, it shows a bunch of...
  8. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ? UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there...
  9. Notepad shortcuts swapped

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad shortcuts swapped: Good evening. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my hard drive, due to a problem now fixed. For default language settings I use Portuguese (PT-PT), but for some reason, when I tried saving a .txt file using CTRL+G (which is the portuguese combination to "guardar") I got...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad: My (legal) copy of Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad - and Notepad only...*Huh All other apps have it, so what to do? Thank you. [img] 87366