Windows 10: Notepad replaced by WordPad

Discus and support Notepad replaced by WordPad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mw0t, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Mw0t Win User

Notepad replaced by WordPad

Hello,

I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files.

How I can get back the default Notepad?

I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed.

Appreciete your help.

:)

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

The format for Wordpad is A4 page size. Notepad doesn't have any page size limit.

And that's why they are 2 different programs with 2 different name.

kid41212003, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Clarry69 Win User

wordpad notepad

Sorry but they are not. I've been trying to find WordPad on Windows 10. The only things listed under Windows Accessories are Internet Explorer and Notepad. None of the suggestions which came up when I googled the problem worked. I downloaded something
    called Wordpad 10, but all that does is present a black screen and won't open any *.rtf or *.doc files. How do I get hold of this elusive prog?

Clarry69, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Notepad replaced by WordPad - Similar Threads - Notepad replaced WordPad

2. How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Notepad is the default text editor found in Windows computers. Every .txt file is configured to open directly in the Notepad. It has paved the way for text editors over quite some time now, in which period we have seen some very promising competitors of Notepad. One...
  3. Fix WordPad or Notepad is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix WordPad or Notepad is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]We’re all aware of the revolutionary impact Notepad has had. While there is an umpteen number of text editors these days, each one better than the next, Microsoft’s own pre-installed Notepad for Windows is where it all started. When something has been around for as...
  4. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  5. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  6. Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10: All I get is an error message "cannot open new document" and the program won't start. Anyone got any idea? none of the solutions I found online have worked....
  7. "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working: In the Start menu drawer, all the applications are showing but, I am not being able to open them. While opening the Notepad and steps record applications it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad and Paint show this error "Unable to create new document". I have...
  8. "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working

"Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working: In the Start menu drawer, the applications are not showing but, if I type the app name it shows the .exe file and tried opening then, I am not being able to open the Notepad and Wordpad. While opening the Notepad application it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad it...
  9. how to replace notepad

how to replace notepad: my info on notepad got erased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-to-replace-notepad/7f6fba0e-1332-4500-89a6-667296e7fd58
  10. Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.: I'm unable to print from Notepad or Wordpad. I have no issues from other software. If I save print jobs as SPL files, I can open them in SPLView and print without issue. Something is killing the hand-off process from the app to the printer. Printer is an HP M402n on USB...