Windows 10: Notepad "Restore" button not working

Discus and support Notepad "Restore" button not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not able to change the width or height of the Notepad window when restored not maximized in Notepad version 1903 Windows 10 build 18362.959.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anonymous2048, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Notepad "Restore" button not working

Not able to change the width or height of the Notepad window when restored not maximized in Notepad version 1903 Windows 10 build 18362.959.

:)

Anonymous2048, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Amol S. Win User

notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Jul 31, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Notepad "Restore" button not working

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Notepad "Restore" button not working

1. Notepad "Restore" button not working - Similar Threads - Notepad Restore button

2. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  3. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  4. notepad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad is not working: my notepad is not opening and showing error message. please consider my query . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-not-working/0b6cbaef-0493-4cd4-8047-5e8d62c65be6
  5. Restore the unsaved notepad file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore the unsaved notepad file: Dear team, without saving, i deleted my 2 hrs running notes in notepad windows11, is there any way we can restore it. It is not saved with any file name. appdata roaming is not even have notepad folder, please assist....
  6. Restore the unsaved notepad file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore the unsaved notepad file: Dear team, without saving, i deleted my 2 hrs running notes in notepad windows11, is there any way we can restore it. It is not saved with any file name. appdata roaming is not even have notepad folder, please assist....
  7. notepad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notepad is not working: notepad is opening on windows 10 after installation after some month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-not-working/80a0bdff-1c1d-4db6-9792-5b2fe665fcb6
  8. notepad not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    notepad not working: i need to edit a config file for a game and my notepad wont open. i tried a couple of solutions that gave me find more problemsi checked apps and features, optional features and tried to uninstall notepad, but whenever i click optional features, settings just crashes. i...
  9. Restore Notepad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Notepad?: Hey, guys, I entered something into Notepad yesterday to use it today. Now I turned off my PC without saving... Is there any way to restore the unsaved "text document"? LG Notepad wiederherstellen?
  10. Restore Down Button is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Down Button is not working: How to enable Restore Down Button in Windows 10? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-button-is-not-working/f588def0-b650-4d57-974c-0ca72f76ea35"