Windows 10: Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

Discus and support Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Notepad, the scrolling on a laptop's touchpad isn't smooth at all. First there's a delay, and then it jerks down and stops. So you can't read as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steven1402, May 27, 2021.

1. Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

In Notepad, the scrolling on a laptop's touchpad isn't smooth at all. First there's a delay, and then it jerks down and stops. So you can't read as you scroll because it's not smooth and you lose your place and have to find where you were reading. It's extremely frustrating. Touchpad scrolling in word processing and web browsers is fine. So it's Notepad and not my touchpad. I don't want to use the scroll bar on the right. I want to use the touchpad.Windows 10.

:)

Steven1402, May 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, May 27, 2021
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2021
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

1. Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work - Similar Threads - Notepad Scrolling Does

2. notepad does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad does not work properly: I run Windows 10 on PC. In notepad I pressed Enter long time wanting to free the print field in advance. After this "hourglass" lasted so long that I decided to kill notepad and clicked the cancel cross in the upper right corner. A dialog box appeared: kill application or...
  3. notepad does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad does not work properly: I run Windows 10 on PC. In notepad I pressed Enter long time wanting to free the print field in advance. After this "hourglass" lasted so long that I decided to kill notepad and clicked the cancel cross in the upper right corner. A dialog box appeared: kill application or...
  4. notepad does not work properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  6. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  7. Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...: I uninstalled Notepad in order to supposedly install to the newest version of Notepad in the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, I tried to install Notepad but it doesn't allow me. Whenever I hover over the "Install" button, it shows a stop sign saying I can't download it. I...
  8. Mouse scroll does not work

Mouse scroll does not work: Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find for a fix on line. I have tried to update the driver but it's already on the current version, I have uninstalled the driver...
  9. Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows: My windows 10 version is 1809. I developed a problem where I can't scroll. It just keeps going down but if I try to scroll up it will race back down again. This happens with the USB mouse, as well as when using the arrow on the trackpad by clicking it near the top of the...
  10. Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back

in Windows 10 Support
    Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back: I'm curious to know if there is a change for this because it is annoying to me since it occurs when something is highlighted in selection as well as AFTER it is unselected. I've uploaded a gif - With a bunch of random text, I select some, scroll away so it is out of view and...