Windows 10: Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7

Discus and support Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sariful Islam (Palash), Nov 28, 2018.

1. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7

I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same notepad file with same page settings when we print from windows 10 machine the printing text will in two page. Same file when we print from windows 7 machine the single page print but when printing from windows 10 it will show two page. Can you please help me how it will settings for windows 7.

:)

Sariful Islam (Palash), Nov 28, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Cds47 Win User
    Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Mystere Win User

Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7

Win 10 question

Here's how you do that in Windows 8.

Open Start Menu.
    Type "Notepad"
    Right Click on Notepad Icon, choose Open File Location.
    Ctrl-Drag icon to desktop from explorer window that opens from previous step.
    Alternatively, you could right click the icon and choose copy, then right click on the desktop and choose paste (or ctrl-c/ctrl-v).

Either way it's 4 steps if you count opening start menu and typing notepad as two separate steps, otherwise it's 3.

In Windows 10:

You can do it the exact same way as in Windows 8, or

Open Start Menu, and navigate to the Notepad icon in All Apps menu.
    Click and drag notepad icon from start menu to desktop, it creates a link automatically.

Mystere, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7

1. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7 - Similar Threads - Notepad settings differ

2. Notepad on Windows 7\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad on Windows 7\: For some reason on my Windows 7 PC, Notepad ++ stand alone stopped working. I have no why. It still works well on the Windows 10 PC. Any help is greatly appreciated. 182675
  3. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  4. windows 10 edition store differences and upgrading win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 edition store differences and upgrading win 7: When I searched on Youtube about upgrading to Windows 10 ,i saw that pro edition users will get Microsoft store for business .Will i able to buy software for work facilities on Home edition from app store ? what features will be absent for me,as I work in the accounting...
  5. Retrograde from win 10 to win 7

Retrograde from win 10 to win 7: I have a spare laptop running windows 10 but I want to retrograde it to run on windows 7, I have my original windows 7 dvd but when I try to install win 7 it stops when it tries to install the installation files and tells me to restart the installation. Help please...
  6. Migration from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Migration from Win 7 to Win 10: I get message saying " Undoing changes made to your computer" when I do the migration Actually it appears at the last part of the process on black screen... By the way, I use boot from flash drive where win10 image stored in. Plus, I migrated many computers in my...
  7. Reset to Win 7 from Win 10

Reset to Win 7 from Win 10: How do I delete a user when it does not have a name but a long number starting wit S-1-5-21-2703684248- etc. Tere is only one (1) user registered and that is the administrator. My notebook is "too old" (circa 2009) to handle Win10, therefore I need to revert back to Win 7...
  8. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win: I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same notepad file with same page settings when we print from windows 10 machine the printing text will in two page. Same file when we...
  9. Win 10 Notepad and Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Notepad and Settings: Hi not very tech savvy so bear with me. Recently had new Win 10 re-installed on existing laptop and now can't find any reference to Notepad which I need for text docs. Have checked the tutorial (on here) and file explorer and can't find anything about it or any indication of...
  10. Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10?: I have several Windows systems! 2 x Windows 10 & 1 x Windows 7 Prof. I noticed that when Copying and Pasting files in Windows 10, it doesn't appear to have the File check saying ' Newer ' (as does Win. 7 Prof) if the file to be copied over is Newer than the existing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 notpad vs win7 notepad