Windows 10: Notepad Spanish menu translation issue

Discus and support Notepad Spanish menu translation issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! In the latest Windows 10 Spanish Notepad version, the File (Archivo) and Help (Ayuda) options both underline the A character, so if you use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Santiago González Suárez, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Notepad Spanish menu translation issue

Hello!

In the latest Windows 10 Spanish Notepad version, the File (Archivo) and Help (Ayuda) options both underline the A character, so if you use your keyboard to open the menus, you cannot pop up the File (Archivo) menu by pressing ALT+A like it used to happen on previous version, this makes it impossible to quickly save your documents using a keyboard such as you can do in the english version (by pressing ALT+F > S for File > Save).

It used to work as expected in the previous version as the Help menu had the "y" underlined (Ayuda)

:)

Santiago González Suárez, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Mr McC Win User

GPU-Z Translation: Spanish [Added]

There may be no need for translations, but why discriminate against those who don't speak English as their native language? English may reach the widest audience, but it would be rude to simply ignore those who speak other languages. It is not a question of wanting to translate everything, it is a question of translating correctly into the target language: every Spaniard will understand that pixels refers to pixeles and texels to texeles, but if we are going to translate into Spanish, I personally feel that we should respect grammatical rules relating to plurals. This is a translation (a good translation) of a computer program, its impact on the English of the Spanish as a whole is extremely limited; however, I do not feel that we should simply impose English on speakers of all other languages, particularly when we have people who are willing and able to translate - thanks sparkyar.

With regards the English of the Spanish, whether or not it is the worst amongst non-native speakers remains open to debate; however, I can assure that any linguistic shortcomings on their part are not due to a lack of exposure to English. Personally, I would cite the following reasons over and above a desire to translate and dub everything:

English has upwards of 20 vowel sounds whilst Spanish has around nine (including dipthongs).

English spelling, unlike Spanish, often provides no clue with regards to the pronunciation of the word.

The Spanish are extremely self-conscious about making linguistic mistakes and often shy away from opportunities to practice their English.

In any event, failing to translate GPU-Z into Spanish would be a discourtesy to those who speak the second most extended language in the world (Mandarin Chinese speakers remain largely in China) and a policy that this web site clearly and thankfully does not share.

Mr McC, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Translate error E72 Spanish model.

In the phone model E72-1 Spanish, software version 021.024.C00.01 is a translation error.

menu - control panel - settings - general - security - phone and SIM card.

Appears 2 times Keypad autolock period and is not the phone autolock period.

jose_florencio, Oct 17, 2018
  4. a_ump Win User

Notepad Spanish menu translation issue

GPU-Z Translation: Spanish [Added]

noooooooo TPU's being taken over with spanish!!!! lol kewl though these translations should help GPU-Z prosper even more shouldn't it *Smile Notepad Spanish menu translation issue :).

a_ump, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Notepad Spanish menu translation issue

1. Notepad Spanish menu translation issue - Similar Threads - Notepad Spanish menu

2. Notepad issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad issues: Notepad app of Window 11 slow response, and usually not show when typing Vietnamese. It is very bad.Please check and fix it.Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-issues/9ec7ff3f-2bf2-485b-b101-7f7c32cf1696
  3. Notepad issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad issues: Notepad app of Window 11 slow response, and usually not show when typing Vietnamese. It is very bad.Please check and fix it.Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-issues/9ec7ff3f-2bf2-485b-b101-7f7c32cf1696
  4. Menu contextuel et Notepad

Menu contextuel et Notepad: Bonjour,J'ai créé des fichiers .bat et .cmd pour mon PC sous Windows 11.J'ai fait des raccourcis sur le bureau pour les lancer.Lorsque je souhaite modifier un .bat ou un .cmd, j'ouvre le menu contextuel du raccourcis du bureau et je sélectionne "Modifier".Je vois l'icône de...
  5. Issue with notepad...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with notepad...: Every time when I type something in notepad for e.g. :"My To-Do List:1. Clean Up Device2. Play games3. Do things "and I save my project, but when I share it with some one, or just open it again later on, I get something like this:" 2. Clean Up Device 3. Play Games My To-Do...
  6. Notepad++ menu

Notepad++ menu: I want to be able to see the following menu line in Notepad++. At present it is not showing and I don't know why. Above is the way I want it to show. How do I get that to show? 178572
  7. Translator English-Spanish

Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  8. Notepad issue

Notepad issue: I am using the free Notepad for letters. How do I get rid of "New Text Document' at the top of the page when I print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-issue/74a1ebad-4ec9-4442-b058-0658ecefad33
  9. open with notepad context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...
  10. spanish!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    spanish!!!: hi there ..my mum bought a laptop in spain and after upgrading from windows 8 to 10 its now all in spanish. i have looked at all the help videos and although i have changed language to ingles it doesnt change anything..its nearly impossible to change anything as i dont...