Windows 10: Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU?

Discus and support Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Anyone else getting this? I very rarely use Notepad and disabled in startup but it randomly starts on it's own and uses huge amounts of RAM and CPU.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by absteve42, Apr 8, 2020.

1. absteve42 Win User

Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU?

Anyone else getting this? I very rarely use Notepad and disabled in startup but it randomly starts on it's own and uses huge amounts of RAM and CPU. I've run a complete offline scan with Malwarebytes AND Defender, both come up clean. It started after the last update Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. HP AIO, ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-7700T CPU.

Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU? f43b14ad-7109-42e4-a665-8e3b0f88075b?upload=true.png

:)

absteve42, Apr 8, 2020

2. 100% Cpu

Cpu: i5-8600

GPU: RX 580 Series

RAM: 16.0 GB

Motherboard: Aorus

Power supply: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

Resolution: 2560 x 1080

Was working fine not it just crashes my game the game is Tom Clancys Rainbow six siege but I can barely also start up other games

Thomas Underhill, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, Apr 8, 2020
  4. john barr Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Notepad using over 2 gig of RAM and almost 100% CPU? - Similar Threads - Notepad using gig

2. Microsoft Common Language Runtime native compiler using 100% of CPU and 2 gigs of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Common Language Runtime native compiler using 100% of CPU and 2 gigs of memory: Ngen.exe keeps using up all of my CPU and keeps starting up every 5 mins. It's very annoying and I don't want to keep having to close it every time. I have literally tried everything I can apart from a fresh Windows install. I have tried updating, updating the .NET framework,...
  3. Microsoft Common Language Runtime native compiler using 100% of CPU and 2 gigs of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Common Language Runtime native compiler using 100% of CPU and 2 gigs of memory: Ngen.exe keeps using up all of my CPU and keeps starting up every 5 mins. It's very annoying and I don't want to keep having to close it every time. I have literally tried everything I can apart from a fresh Windows install. I have tried updating, updating the .NET framework,...
  4. Notepad using 100%gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad using 100%gpu: My notepad is using 100% gpu i dont know whyWhen i finished the task the pc just blue screenMeu bloco de notas por algum motivo esta consumindo 100% de gpuQuando eu finalizei o processo o pc deu tela azul simplemente...
  5. Notepad using 100%gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad using 100%gpu: My notepad is using 100% gpu i dont know whyWhen i finished the task the pc just blue screenMeu bloco de notas por algum motivo esta consumindo 100% de gpuQuando eu finalizei o processo o pc deu tela azul simplemente...
  6. Notepad using 100%gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop is using 13 gigs of RAM while idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is using 13 gigs of RAM while idle: The title is pretty self explanatory, it's using 13Gb of RAM while idle and I don't know why. I have a MSI GS66 16gb RAM. Here are some screens: https://imgur.com/a/HWFjmeu I tried reinstalling the killer drivers, that didn't help at all. Don't know what to do, any...
  8. Installed 8 gigs of RAM today. 2 sticks at 4 gig each of the same brand. Left 2 sticks of 2...

Installed 8 gigs of RAM today. 2 sticks at 4 gig each of the same brand. Left 2 sticks of 2...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/04HondaCivic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwr0jn/installed_8_gigs_of_ram_today_2_sticks_at_4_gig/
  9. Something taking up almost 100% of RAM

Something taking up almost 100% of RAM: I have a problem that causes my RAM to constantly be at 90-97% while I really have 1/16GB in use. Upon opening Task Manager > Performance > Memory. I noticed that my non-paged pool was at 2GB. I tried to enable ClearPageFileAtShutdown, restarted my PC, did not help. I then...
  10. Almost 100% memory use

Almost 100% memory use: So I'm having a problem where almost 100% of my memory is being shown in use anyone else have this problem I'm have problem finding the source any help is appreciated submitted by /u/skelington117 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad taking ram