Windows 10: Notepad vs Notepads

Discus and support Notepad vs Notepads in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Earlier I have mention about Notepads, instead of Notepad. I want to show you a difference I have just discovered between them... and more reason to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drew1903, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Notepad vs Notepads

Earlier I have mention about Notepads, instead of Notepad. I want to show you a difference I have just discovered between them... and more reason to prefer Notepads over Notepad. Look at the emojisAlso, notice Notepads has tabs, ergo, can do more than one note in the same window And Notepads is Dark, whilst Notepad is not.Oh & BTW, this is available from BOTH the Win10 & Win11 Stores.NotepadNotepadsCheers,Drew

:)

Drew1903, Aug 13, 2021
  2. Asylum Win User

Notepad Question

Yea i picked that up last night.

Works much better than regular notepad.

Asylum, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Notepad Question

I like using Notepad++. It has about ever language to code in. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Aug 13, 2021
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad vs Notepads

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Notepad vs Notepads

1. Notepad vs Notepads - Similar Threads - Notepad Notepads

2. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  3. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  4. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  5. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  6. how do i stop notepad from automatically starting up when windows starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i stop notepad from automatically starting up when windows starts up: how do i stop notepad from automatically starting up when windows starts up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-notepad-from-automatically-starting/0d062889-d18e-42d3-adc1-b3e07e1674fd
  7. Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....: As elaborated in the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-files-are-saved-as-ms-dos-application/4cb8534d-6438-4d84-90a0-d5872cf9b4a6
  8. Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....

Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....: As elaborated in the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-files-are-saved-as-ms-dos-application/4cb8534d-6438-4d84-90a0-d5872cf9b4a6
  9. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32: Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R runs the old notepad but Clicking on any text file bring up the new store notepad2. Uninstalled the UWP notepadClicking on any...
  10. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32: Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R runs the old notepad but Clicking on any text file bring up the new store notepad2. Uninstalled the UWP notepadClicking on any...