Windows 10: Notepad won't open

Discus and support Notepad won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 v 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Today, for some reason, Notepad won't open. I tried downloading it again from MS but received a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeniseJM, Apr 23, 2020.

1. DeniseJM Win User

Notepad won't open

I have Windows 10 v 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

Today, for some reason, Notepad won't open. I tried downloading it again from MS but received a message that it was already installed in my PC.

I ran an SFC scan and everything was okay.

My updates are up to date.

How can I get Notepad back?

:)

DeniseJM, Apr 23, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Notepad won't open

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

Notepad won't open

1. Notepad won't open - Similar Threads - Notepad won't open

2. When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator: I have a button on my Logitech keyboard that opens Calculator, but if I'm using Notepad, it won't open. I have to switch to something else in order for the button to open Calculator. Is there any way to fix this?...
  3. When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator: I have a button on my Logitech keyboard that opens Calculator, but if I'm using Notepad, it won't open. I have to switch to something else in order for the button to open Calculator. Is there any way to fix this?...
  4. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  5. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  6. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chqnging [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jub4yq/text_documents_and_notepads_wont_open/
  8. Notepad won't open in Windows 10

Notepad won't open in Windows 10: Whenever I try to open a text file using Notepad, the application just won't startup. Nothing happens, not even an error popup. The file just will not open. The same thing happens when I use MS Paint, in which nothing will happen....
  9. Notepad won't open in Windows 10

Notepad won't open in Windows 10: I was trying to open a text file one day and when I tried to open the file, it just, wouldn't. After many attempts, I decided to give up. This issue also happens when I try to open MS Paint, where the file just will not open....
  10. open with notepad

open with notepad: when opening a GPX file I selected notepad and unintentionally clicked always open with this. I how do I undo this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-with-notepad/736714d7-c63b-4e76-a581-7568d00a2118"