Windows 10: "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working

Discus and support "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the Start menu drawer, all the applications are showing but, I am not being able to open them. While opening the Notepad and steps record... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aniriddha Ram Khati, Aug 18, 2020.

1. "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working

In the Start menu drawer, all the applications are showing but, I am not being able to open them. While opening the Notepad and steps record applications it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad and Paint show this error "Unable to create new document".

I have recently reset my pc due to less space in Local Disc C. after resetting the pc I had merged the to drives.

before resetting the pc both were working perfectly fine. please give the solution as soon as possible.

:)

Aniriddha Ram Khati, Aug 18, 2020

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Clarry69 Win User
    wordpad notepad

Sorry but they are not. I've been trying to find WordPad on Windows 10. The only things listed under Windows Accessories are Internet Explorer and Notepad. None of the suggestions which came up when I googled the problem worked. I downloaded something
    called Wordpad 10, but all that does is present a black screen and won't open any *.rtf or *.doc files. How do I get hold of this elusive prog?

Clarry69, Aug 18, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

"Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working

weybrew, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

"Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working

1. "Notepad", "Wordpad", "Paint", "Steps Record" not working - Similar Threads - Notepad Wordpad Paint

2. Steps recorder is missing steps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Steps recorder is missing steps: Hi I'm trying to use Steps Recorder to record steps so that I can turn them into test cases. However, It only records one step and misses all the others. I have tried changing the default save location but this has no effect. FTR I'm evaluating Desktop Step Recorders so...
  3. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  4. Problems Steps Recorder

Problems Steps Recorder: Hello --- I used this tool to document a issue, but I can find out how to change the output format or how to view the results. Any info on how to use this would be appreciated...
  5. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  6. "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working: In the Start menu drawer, the applications are not showing but, if I type the app name it shows the .exe file and tried opening then, I am not being able to open the Notepad and Wordpad. While opening the Notepad application it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad it...
  7. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  8. Steps Recorder

Steps Recorder: HI All, Is there any option in step Recorder where we setup the record option with Mouse right Click or shortcut key or i like would like to know how can i avoid some screens from being getting recorded. Thanks, Vijay...
  9. STEPS RECORDER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STEPS RECORDER: THE STEP RECORDER WORKS FINE MOST OF THE TIME. BUT WHEN I NEED TO SAVE A RECORDING THE MOST IT WILL NOT GIVE ME THAT OPTION AFTER PUSHING STOP RECORDING. IS THE RECORDING CAPTURED SOMEWHERE ESLE ON THE COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY?...
  10. Steps Recorder there... but not there

Steps Recorder there... but not there: I had been reading about using a screen steps recorder and found that one is built into Windows 10. I found it but despite multiple attempts to use it, launching it does nothing. I found the program files, shortcuts, and .exe files, but using them does not turn on the...