Windows 10: Notepad

Discus and support Notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to i change to Letter Size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad/160edf28-05cc-4ef2-beed-f17784f3b8b2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdamDelgado07, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Notepad

How to i change to Letter Size?

:)

AdamDelgado07, Oct 10, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

Notepad

1. Notepad - Similar Threads - Notepad

2. Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?: Does open on a .ini (configuration setting) file just open (not run) the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? Right-clicking shows open and edit on .ini....
  3. Notepad gets UTF-8 Encoding, increased MAX_PATH Limit, new Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 News
    Notepad gets UTF-8 Encoding, increased MAX_PATH Limit, new Keyboard Shortcuts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 has been around for some time now and you must have already received an update. Microsoft pushed some notable improvements in various departments to make our Windows experience even better. And one of those improvements is the [...] This...
  4. 1903: Notepad freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1903: Notepad freezes: Just upgraded to 1903. Tried to run Notepad from shortcut and then from .exe in Windows. Freezes and calls home when I try to close it. Other editors (Text Pad, Sciteforautohotkey, Notepad++) work OK. Worked fine in 1809. Help! - Later: can open an existing .txt file with...
  5. 1903: Notepad freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    1903: Notepad freezes: Just upgraded to 1903. Tried to run Notepad from shortcut and then from .exe in Windows. Freezes and calls home when I try to close it. Other editors (Text Pad, Sciteforautohotkey, Notepad++) work OK. Worked fine in 1809. Help! 134356
  6. Running Only One Instance of Opened File in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Only One Instance of Opened File in Notepad: I need to know how to configure system settings or the registry so that Notepad may not start another instance of a text file when it is already opened, in order to prevent confusion when I accidentally open the same file, make changes to it, and save it while another...
  7. How to put Sticky Note or Notepad on Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to put Sticky Note or Notepad on Desktop in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Notepad and Sticky Notes are two favorite apps when you want to note down something rather quickly. The advantage with Sticky Notes is that it autosaves – but then Notepad opens faster and simpler. However, for quick access, both of [...] This post How to...
  8. OS Batch in Notepad

OS Batch in Notepad: Hi, Recently, I have been working on creating an OS in notepad (batch file). I want to add a startup sound to go with it. How can I do this without actually opening the media player (i.e. just the sound) to play it on the OS?...
  9. Notepad no longer opens

Notepad no longer opens: Note pad does not open on my desktop but works ok on my laptop. On my desktop, when I click the Notepad icon only a thumbnail opens at bottom of my screen. The thumbnail is blank and doesn't do anything. Both my desktop and laptop have the latest Windows 10 OS. Any help would...
  10. Notepad command line to open file and find text ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad command line to open file and find text ?: Hello & Thanks , I would like to call Notepad from another program sending to it a command line to open Filename and FIND a specific text . Plz , How can this be done ? Thanks 133107