Windows 10: Notepad

Discus and support Notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to i change to Letter Size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad/160edf28-05cc-4ef2-beed-f17784f3b8b2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdamDelgado07, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Notepad

How to i change to Letter Size?

:)

AdamDelgado07, Oct 10, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

Notepad

1. Notepad - Similar Threads - Notepad

2. notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    notepad: hello I have a problem when I want to choose notepad as a default program it doesn't want to change it stays the same when I choose another program it changes so the problem is with the notepad like for ex I chose notepad to open a file with.dat its doesn't want to change...
  3. Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default

Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default: Hi ! Strange problem I have... I used to always open .srt files (mainly movie subtitles) with the notepad, but I installed a new application (a media player called PotPlayer). It became the default application for .srt files, but I just can't make the notepad to be the...
  4. print notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    print notepad: is there anyone who can tell me or fix my pc windows 10 so that messages can be printed ..no icon ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-notepad/c60811d8-c0b4-4fda-85a3-0eb3457b388b
  5. where is the button or icon to print my page on notepad how to ?

where is the button or icon to print my page on notepad how to ?: please fix my windows 10 notepad . it has no place to print . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-button-or-icon-to-print-my-page-on/230a8560-b475-465b-923d-ca9a8b985cd3
  6. Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad: Sometimes when I save something in notepad the icon appears as a blank document and the "properties" show: Type of file: File Description: Subject matter When it saves in this format I am unable to open it or it opens and is unreadable . Other times it...
  7. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7

Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7: I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same notepad file with same page settings when we print from windows 10 machine the printing text will in two page. Same file when we...
  8. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win

Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win: I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same notepad file with same page settings when we print from windows 10 machine the printing text will in two page. Same file when we...
  9. I have a problem with Notepad in the last Windows 10 v 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem with Notepad in the last Windows 10 v 1809 (OS Build 17763.134): Hi. I have a problem with Notepad in the last Windows 10 v 1809 (OS Build 17763.134). The problem with happend in one my sofware application. I use this software application to create something named " Script" , i make this scripts for something can use this scripts to work,...
  10. how do I remove a file from Notepad?

how do I remove a file from Notepad?: how do I move a file from Notepad and put it on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-file-from-notepad/1cdad684-e99a-4315-84bb-b5497fc0d35a