Windows 10: notepad

Discus and support notepad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I activate word wrap in notepad windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad/283d9865-6525-4bef-84b5-08eaf9fc41ed Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarryW1, Oct 13, 2018.

1. BarryW1 Win User

notepad

how do I activate word wrap in notepad windows 10

:)

BarryW1, Oct 13, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

notepad

1. notepad - Similar Threads - notepad

2. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  3. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  4. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...
  5. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...
  6. Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-type-from-txt-to-all-files-in/1baf2d3a-cd93-4ddc-b021-7e58e48c7693I found an answer far more helpful than this one.I turned to a scripting solution. Use AutoHotkey to do this.Loop{WinWaitActive, Open...
  7. Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad

Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-type-from-txt-to-all-files-in/1baf2d3a-cd93-4ddc-b021-7e58e48c7693I found an answer far more helpful than this one.I turned to a scripting solution. Use AutoHotkey to do this.Loop{WinWaitActive, Open...
  8. In the last day or so, Notepad has started staying on top. How can I turn this off so it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last day or so, Notepad has started staying on top. How can I turn this off so it...: Windows 10Notepad Version 22H2 OS Build 19045, 4046 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-the-last-day-or-so-notepad-has-started-staying/00bb4c6b-9fcd-4bcc-abff-907941d752b5
  9. In the last day or so, Notepad has started staying on top. How can I turn this off so it...

In the last day or so, Notepad has started staying on top. How can I turn this off so it...: Windows 10Notepad Version 22H2 OS Build 19045, 4046 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-the-last-day-or-so-notepad-has-started-staying/00bb4c6b-9fcd-4bcc-abff-907941d752b5
  10. Handwriting panel words won't display/ transfer to word or notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting panel words won't display/ transfer to word or notepad.: Hi all,I used to use hand writing to input Asian and English in MS word or notepad, but in recent month, both of my surface pro 9 and Samsung Galaxy book 4 360 can hardly use the hand writing pad on the display. Firmware, drivers and windows update are all latestIn MS word...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to word wrap a list of numbers and add a comma in notepad